Pokemon Moon and Pokemon Sun

Soldato
I've spent just over 3 hours and really liking it. I even got excited when I noticed the character model changed when walking slightly up hill!

Though I've fallen into my old habit. Only catching Pokemon that I like. So far my team consists of

lv 12 Litten - Starter
lv 11 Butterfree - caught as a Caterpie
lv 10 Slowpoke
lv 9 Pichu
Lv 9 Abra
Lv 8 Pikipek

I also have a Yungoose and Wingull who have began their permanent residence in my PC Box

Trying to get them all to level 12 before I progress any further.

Bit gutted that there is no 3D or that is hasn't even been made for the 'new' 3DS. What is the point of the new 3ds again?

Associate
Can you remember which firmware it came with?

I know what you're trying to do ;)

Just buy your games.

Jumping to conclusions eh buddy? I know discussion of that sort is against rules here, but for argument's sake I'll call it Cafe. Having Cafe doesn't make one a pirate, but does allow for it. In the same way that torrent software has non-piracy uses (but most people assume it's used for shady stuff, which is somewhat fair in that instance I guess). E.g. OCRemix (no relation to OCUK) is a website that allows artists to host their video-game related original music on for free use, with both direct download links and torrent links.

I will say that I have Cafe and yet I still buy my games (And I even bought Pokemon Moon at an absurd price I shouldn't have bought it at). It has so many other useful features. Save data management allows one to have multiple save files on games with single save slots (like Pokemon), one can customise their 3DS home menu with any unofficial themes (literally any image you want, like a PC desktop background), one can take screenshots of any game, run imported games region-free (like the original DS could). I've used it to play some Japanese Monster Hunter I imported. I also used it to transfer over my Cosplay Pikachu to my new OmegaRuby save file, since Pokemon Bank doesn't support transferring that particular Pokemon. I've heard some people use Cafe to have a digital library of their physical game collection (i.e. never having to change cartridges), but that's more of a grey area (I guess it's still okay since they own the game).

Some of the coolest features include allowing one to stream 3DS (aka video capture) without having to spend absurd amounts of money on a capture card (extra hardware) and that is one of the most popular uses of Cafe. Especially since the normal ways of hardware based capture are both vastly overpriced and unreliable (send your 3DS off to a stranger and hope they don't run off with your money and 3DS). I know AngryJoe (popular Youtube reviewer) tried to modify his 3DS so that he could stream the games he bought, but his firmware was too high. New 3DS models can also overclock their CPU, which can help in some games with framerates and performance. In that regard, Cafe is like custom flashing one's GPU bios.

So please don't jump to conclusions. My guess is that our pal probably wants to stream/record gameplay, if I recall, didn't he have a Youtube channel?

Caporegime
Just buy your games.

Not like this Kree....

ix5ycw.jpg

doesn't even include my 3ds games.

of course i have ORAS cartridge and i played through Rutile Ruby for a challenge. Its much better than vanilla ORAS.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
On island 3 and have a motley crew of, frankly, awful pokies.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this but, and I will add my lady friend who I'm playing this with didn't notice until I mentioned it, does anyone think this game is pretty sexist against the wiminz? All the time girls are referenced by how they look or characters comment on their looks... or about their need to go shopping. There are also some seemingly bizarrely out of place innuendos (most memorably when you are cooking a potion in a jungle and some references to 'grinding and pounding' or similar to ingredients are made by a girl whilst the camera lowers down onto her body... although maybe I was steered towards picking that up from noticing the more blatant sexism). Female characters always called 'beauty x' or similar or commenting on looking good and being pretty. I dunno - anyone else picked this up?

Soldato
I got moon, total n00b question though, should i be worried about catching all the pokemon in route 1 etc or do the same pokemon appear later? I'm always worried about over levelling and not being able to go back and get pokemon i missed.

Soldato
Normally most pokemon showup across a lot of different routes. My personally apporach is too spend some time in each section and catch anything unique, grind abit then move on. Also you can always come back and catch stuff, moves like false swipe means you can catch weak pokemon even at a high level.

Man of Honour
Apparently it's very similar to omega ruby... haven't played that though.

Just finished off with maybe a few post game bits to do before I'm truly done. Overall quite fun but if the game is out of 10 it loses at least one point (possibly up to 3) for the eye gauging slow delivery of cutscenes. I think about 2 hours of the game could be shaved off without having to watch characters slowly walk away, slowly turn around and wave, before a slow fade out... then another slow fade in etc... it's utterly barmy how that's in the game tbh.

Soldato
To those who have played it for a few days now, how is the difficulty level? I got bored with X / Y after steamrolling through the first half of the game as you are way too strong for any trainer even without any grinding.

Soldato
I'm still on the first island but so far nothing really felt to difficult. Only time I ever even needed a potion is when I forgot to heal my pokemon and had a train fight with 1 pokemon left with 2HP. So far its been a bit easy, however the story is very well done and I'm still enjoying it.

Soldato
To those who have played it for a few days now, how is the difficulty level? I got bored with X / Y after steamrolling through the first half of the game as you are way too strong for any trainer even without any grinding.

Its easier but this is coming off the back of Pokemon Go and for kids. They can't roll it back to the Pokemon Red and Blue difficulty, turn new comers off.

Soldato
Just finished catching all the ultra beasts, will finish off the list few bits of the post game this week and then trade for the legendaries I can't get on moon
I enjoyed it a lot, but can't see myself doing a second play through, there are way too many cut scenes

Final team was: Decidueye, ninetales, Kommo-o, Salazzle, golem, and golisopod.
Also used dugtrio, vikavolt, and sylveon for part of the game

Man does Golisopod's ability suck, can't learn aqua jet without breeding either.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this but, and I will add my lady friend who I'm playing this with didn't notice until I mentioned it, does anyone think this game is pretty sexist against the wiminz? All the time girls are referenced by how they look or characters comment on their looks... or about their need to go shopping. There are also some seemingly bizarrely out of place innuendos (most memorably when you are cooking a potion in a jungle and some references to 'grinding and pounding' or similar to ingredients are made by a girl whilst the camera lowers down onto her body... although maybe I was steered towards picking that up from noticing the more blatant sexism). Female characters always called 'beauty x' or similar or commenting on looking good and being pretty. I dunno - anyone else picked this up?

That's modern Japan for you.

Back
Top Bottom