Poker, PUGB, FM18 - Spec Help Please (Its a long time since I've done this)

Associate
Hi folks,

I play poker for a living and currently have a SurfaceBook that I use for this. However, I don't have a desktop.

If I buy a desktop I dont want to be in a spot in a years time where i dont have the opportunity to upgrade (I had a compaq PC before and its just annoying).

Basically what I need my PC to do is run a few modern games smoothly (PUGB, FM18) and run poker very well. I know in my old Compaq PC I still have 2x4GB DDR RAM that im happy to take out and add to new PC to save money.

I want an i5 or equivalent, I'm very happy to go to AMD as the last one I had was the best desktop I've had.

I need a wireless connection and I do not need a keyboard, a mouse or a monitor.

Looking to keep under the £800 mark if possible, but willing to pay a little more.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Soldato
Welcome

What's your monitor resolution ? Guessing it's the standard 1080p 60hz ?

Also Intel has finally moved things along now and added 2 more cores to their line up.

i3 is now 4 cores and 4 threads like older generation i5.
i5 is now 6 cores and 6 threads
i7 6 cores 12 threads

All thanks to AMD new Ryzen which performs well and at a cracking price. You'd get more for your cash with Ryzen then Intel. And AMD have confirmed 3 generations of CPU socket - so your mobo will last a long time

Associate
OP
Welcome

What's your monitor resolution ? Guessing it's the standard 1080p 60hz ?

It’s actually an LG ultra wide. So it’s 2560x1080 I believe.

This AMD sounds like something I’d be interested in for sure.

What memory is in your old PC? I doubt its gonna be DDR4 so no chance to put it in a new build.

Not sure on this without looking but could potentially dig it out and have a look in the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom