Police dealing with incident on London Bridge amid reports of shots fired

Soldato
So now we're letting convicted terrorists out on licence to kill innocent members of the public? Not only do the inept ***** that set him free have some serious questions to answer but if this **** was supposed to be being monitored by the security services, then somebody from there also has a lot of ******* questions to answer.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well hopefully the Tories increase sentencing for serious offences. Comrade Corbyn is hardly going to bother...

It does seem ridiculous that someone plotting a terror attack only gets 8 years because they didn’t get to carry out the attack... I mean prison isn’t just about retribution it has a safety aspect... that the security services prevented it last time around shouldn’t mean a lighter sentence.

Likewise gangster types who stab or shoot each other, they can get a lighter sentence simply because medical treatment has improved or the attack happened on a Wednesday and the victim got taken to a central London hospital and just about escaped death...

That someone died or not through the actions of others trying to save them or stop the attack really ought to only be a minor factor relative to the fact that the attacker intended to kill.

This guy should have been locked up as if he’d actually carried out the original attack in the first place.

Caporegime
According to reports the attacker was out on licence from prison, having been previously convicted of terrorism offences.

Nice to see that the "rights" of convicted prisoners takes priority over public safety.

yet more evidence that prison just doesn't work.

Associate
Heard reports the assailant shouted this allu al Boris just before attack started then mumbled something about overclockers Gd and Dowie for for foreign secretary.

Caporegime
Well hopefully the Tories increase sentencing for serious offences. Comrade Corbyn is hardly going to bother...

Come off it!

This guy committed a crime, was convicted, served his time and released all under a conservative government.

And you want to make it political against Corbyn somehow?

Soldato

It does seem ridiculous that someone plotting a terror attack only gets 8 years because they didn’t get to carry out the attack... I mean prison isn’t just about retribution it has a safety aspect... that the security services prevented it last time around shouldn’t mean a lighter sentence.

Likewise gangster types who stab or shoot each other, they can get a lighter sentence simply because medical treatment has improved or the attack happened on a Wednesday and the victim got taken to a central London hospital and just about escaped death...

That someone died or not through the actions of others trying to save them or stop the attack really ought to only be a minor factor relative to the fact that the attacker intended to kill.

This guy should have been locked up as if he’d actually carried out the original attack in the first place.

This is the same Tories that cut police funding significantly but carry on like.

Soldato

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50610215

Now I’m pretty sure the Tories have been in power since 2010.

Caporegime
Come off it!

This guy committed a crime, was convicted, served his time and released all under a conservative government.

And you want to make it political against Corbyn somehow?

Under a different conservative government - AFAIK Boris has pledged to review sentencing for serious offences, I don't recall Comrade Corbyn being super keen on it.

In fact his past history has been to get rather chummy with terrorists.

Soldato
Only in the UK :(

They should round up all the Islamist terrorist scum in the UK.
Lock them up and throw away the key, just to be safe.
Why just Islamist? I can't see any need to treat extremist terrorists differently - regardless of which flawed ideology they follow - Islamist, British Nationalist, whatever - treat 'em all the same.

Soldato
Why just Islamist? I can't see any need to treat extremist terrorists differently - regardless of which flawed ideology they follow - Islamist, British Nationalist, whatever - treat 'em all the same.

True.

But show me when a non islamist caused this much trouble\cutting a persons head off in the UK.
Anyway. You have to start somewhere may as well be with this kind of scum.

My X wife called me from Florida. She said "you let these people out in the UK? no wonder you have a terrorist problem" :(

Soldato
Under a different conservative government - AFAIK Boris has pledged to review sentencing for serious offences, I don't recall Comrade Corbyn being super keen on it.

In fact his past history has been to get rather chummy with terrorists.
Hahaha.

Blaming the previous Labour Govt for the global credit-crunch has now evolved into shirking responsibility for the actions of their party's own 10-years in power on the basis "it was a different Tory Govt!"

The shirking knows no bounds. It's always someone else's fault.

Soldato
True.

But show me when a non islamist caused this much trouble\cutting a persons head off in the UK.
Anyway. You have to start somewhere may as well be with this kind of scum.

My X wife called me from Florida. She said "you let these people out in the UK" :(
I agree with you, and I recognise your ex-wife's sentiment, but I hope the UK doesn't try and learn anything from the US penal system - seriously ****ed up and institutionally racist the last time I looked.

Permabanned
Like his ex-wife called him up from Florida just to make a comment about sentencing of people in the UK..... insert L.A Noire doubt meme here.

Soldato
I agree with you, and I recognise your ex-wife's sentiment, but I hope the UK doesn't try and learn anything from the US penal system - seriously ****ed up and institutionally racist the last time I looked.

But at least they don't re-offend in the US. ;)

Like his ex-wife called him up from Florida just to make a comment about sentencing of people in the UK..... insert L.A Noire doubt meme here.

Who said that?

Back
Top Bottom