Police urged to stop 'burly black men' harassing MPs

Soldato
I'm starting to think Anna Soubry is making a lot of hey from this and trying to use this incident to stop legitimate confrontations

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is name calling a criminal issue or civil?

It is rather distasteful, I mean she did refer to some leave voters as fascists and racists so it would be a bit dubious for people to be arrested for calling her names or shouting/chanting from a distance while she's conducting a TV interview when she's quite happy to call them names too. Protestors from both sides have been doing that for weeks, shouting in the background during TV interviews or trying to get their silly signs in shot etc...

The direct harassment of her in the street is out of order and I think it would be right for the police to step in and make protestors give her or any other politicians some space etc.. not follow and hound them, shout at them in the street etc.. as they go about their business. The intent was just pure harassment of her and wasn't at all appropriate IMO.

Capodecina
Soldato
Tory MP Anna Soubry has complained about being verbally abused.

Much as I object to Brexiteers and people in general who shout abuse at others, I do wonder why MPs should expect to be accorded privileges greater than any random member of the public?

The Metropolitan Police have very sensibly said that they are ready to "deal robustly" with any instances of criminal harassment.

In the meantime, perhaps MPs could start by acting like adults at PMQs? Bercow should be given a (massive) deck of red cards.

Caporegime
I don't think they are being accorded special privileges - harassment is already a potential matter for the police regardless.

If a group of people started following me in the street harassing me and shouting stuff I'd probably call the police and hope they were dealt with too. In fact I might take a swing at one or two of them... assuming they're not all "burly black/white men".

Caporegime
I don't think they are being accorded special privileges - harassment is already a potential matter for the police regardless.

If a group of people started following me in the street harassing me and shouting stuff I'd probably call the police and hope they were dealt with too. In fact I might take a swing at one or two of them... assuming they're not all "burly black/white men".

Yeah those half cast dudes are very scary :p

The only thing that annoys me is just how diluted/overused the word Nazi has become.

Caporegime
Her constituency voted to leave the EU and she's been campaigning to remain ever since, I suppose you could argue the lazy Fascist argument comes from the fact that she has ignored a Democratic vote whilst campaigning for a(nother) Democratic vote (AKA peoples vote) in the hope of overturning the first which she didn't like the outcome of. If you don't want to be an unpopular politician and get shouted at in the street then don't act like a know it all dictator doing what you think is best for everyone. MP's had already voted to hand the decision to the people but then when they got the decision they didn't expect the peoples decision no longer mattered to them. It's certainly not Democratic to behave in such a way especially when you use Orwellian language like "peoples vote" in an attempt to undo a previous Democratic decision you didn't like, whilst trying to scare people silly with loaded language like "cliff edge Brexit", how about we call it "launch pad Brexit"?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Jonathan Pie's latest youtube video "We've reached peak Nazi" is pretty much on point... probably too many swearies to link to on here but not exactly hard to find via google... or by just looking on his youtube channel.

Caporegime
Jonathan Pie's latest youtube video "We've reached peak Nazi" is pretty much on point... probably too many swearies to link to on here but not exactly hard to find via google... or by just looking on his youtube channel.

Yep, what a terrible thing this whole world is becoming.

Just lots of angry people shouting at everyone else and if you now don’t agree with someone they are no longer a troll they are simply a nazi.

Caporegime
We love stats don't we guys, saying someone isn't British has a ~80% (How many folks who happen to be white British) (also speaking purely of England here) chance to be racist, especially when it is a Police officer who clearly cannot be anything other than a British citizen, arguing this point is futile and i'll be most amused at being proven right.

/checkmate :cool:

Back
Top Bottom