Poll: Poll: Antiperspirant vs deodorants vs roll ons?

Poll: Antiperspirant vs deodorant vs roll ons?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
I usually use Nivea for Men Protect & Care roll on.
Might have to try the Mitchum stuff since it's so highly regarded.

I can't do sprays. I end up inhaling it and tasting it in the back of my throat.

Soldato
Mitchum roll-on was great until they changed the ingredients, so took an age to dry the last time I used it.

I use Sure spray these days, but might go back to Mitchum to see if I have better luck than when I last used it.

Caporegime
Just that it's one way your body regulates temperature. If your body wants to sweat, but can't, do you just get too hot?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoregulation_in_humans
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperthermia

Bit of a special case for me because I have Cholinergic Urticaria (allergy to heat) so getting too hot is instantly noticable and painful, but I'm asking the question more generally as everyone's body is cooled via sweating.

It makes no real difference to body temperature because it's such a small surface area.

Caporegime
Im about to try perspirex as have to wear shirts and trousers at work. I dont' know what it is but it makes me sweat. I think its the environment. Yet in Italy in 35c sun I barely sweated but I was wearing cotton tshirts.
Nothing seems to prevent this anymore no matter what I do.

I use spray antiperspirant otherwise

Associate
I used to use sprays but stick with sanex roll ons now, seem a lot better.

Also apparently you should be applying before bed rather than in the morning, maybe worth trying

Soldato
Im about to try perspirex as have to wear shirts and trousers at work. I dont' know what it is but it makes me sweat. I think its the environment. Yet in Italy in 35c sun I barely sweated but I was wearing cotton tshirts.
Nothing seems to prevent this anymore no matter what I do.

I use spray antiperspirant otherwise
it's the humidity here.. the answer is to move to italy

B@

Commissario
I used to use Sure but it was changed and I didn't like it.
I've used Right Guard (the green one) for years, generally buying half a dozen cans every six months or so when it's on offer. I did this recently and it's been changed. With the weather getting warmer, I noticed yesterday that after a brisk fifteen minutes walk, I was feeling quite sweaty under my arms. The same happened this morning after my morning walk so I reapplied and then I'm exactly the same after my lunchtime walk. I don't just feel sweaty, I can smell something unpleasant.

So I'm off for a shower and will need to find something else. This new Right Guard is utterly useless.

Soldato
rant - It's a pet hate at the local swim pool/gym changing room - they should ban aerosol antiperspirant sprays, astringent in the lungs after heavy exercise -like spay oven cleaner.
(I assume the folks using the likes of lynx etc. have been pursuaded they smell good; but am also doubtful that with a correct diet, coton clothing they are needed ? )

Soldato
Nivea anti perspirant. Nothing I’ve used has come close to being as good. (The anti marks stuff is rubbish, leaves your pits soaked)

Do the roll ons not leave your pits wet ? I’ve only tried them once.

Back
Top Bottom