Votes: 32 15.1%

Votes: 14 6.6%
  • Virgin

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
o2 easily. 800 anytime mins / 1000 texts / unlimited o2 to o2 calls for £10 a month would not be beaten by anyone.

Signal including 3G is the best for my area as well.

Caporegime
Vodafone for me.

o2 have good reception, but generally useless data speeds, and their small business customer service is just awful.

All our work contracts are o2, but my personal one is (and will continue to be) Vodafone.

Soldato
Around here, O2 was fine, but didnt have good value contracts when i opened mine. Orange was terrible, coverage was OK...customer service was shocking. T-Mobile has been best overall so far. Been with...Vodafone, Orange, O2 and T-Mobile.

Associate
o2 easily. 800 anytime mins / 1000 texts / unlimited o2 to o2 calls for £10 a month would not be beaten by anyone.

Signal including 3G is the best for my area as well.

Where do you get that?! I'd move to that in an instant.

Edit: The anytime mins are to landlines, no? ;<

Last edited:
Associate
I've been with T-Mobile since the days of One2One. Cust service and reception are both great, so much so that I have 3 phones with them.

I've been with O2 and was far from impressed, my housemate is with Orange and they didn't seem to be at all flexible when he upgraded, my ex gf was with Vodafone and the signal was shocking and I've just succesfully terminated my Three contract 9 months early due to network issues.

T-Mobile all the way.

Did you have to pay a Termination fee?

02 or Orange I would say are the Best.

Associate
Nope. I'd had calls dropping for a while and after getting nowhere with cust services I emailed Threes exec office. A couple of calls later and they agreed to terminate with no penalty.
Recieved a pre paid envelope yesterday and they want the handset back within 5 days. Result.

Hmm I had dropping calls for 6 months, so I told customer services over the phone to cancel the contract.

They reckon I will have to pay £243 to cancel, I might have to email the exec office.

Soldato
I tried the same. I mailed them on the 23rd Oct, got a reply on the 24th and a phonecall on the 29th asking if anything had improved.
The lady I spoke to asked what the problem was and acknowledged that there was a network issue in the area I specified. She said she'd call back within 2 days but that never happened. I rang back on the 4th Nov and got put through to the same person. She asked again if anything had improved and as soon as I said no she agreed to terminate the contract with no penalty.

Just stay calm and be polite and you should get what you want.

Associate
I've been with 02 since 2001ish & have nothing but praise for them. (But I have a feeling that may change soon as my upgrade is next month!)

OT - I often get the train from London Bridge too... :)

My opinion remains... just called for my upgrade.

1200 mins, 1000 txts, free weekend calls, unlimited internet, unlimited Blackberry solution + free Blackberry Bold for £35pm.

I'm happy :)

Soldato
I'm on 3 just now, but am switching very shortly to O2. Final straw - I emailed them about something, specifically asked for an email response as I'm busy at work.

Received calls from 3 every day for the past 2 weeks (I often missed the call due to meetings etc). I was sitting in a meeting - phone rang (on silent). I pressed reject. 5 seconds later it goes again, reject. This happened 20 times in a row (it was 3 customer services). I'm thinking of just buying out the final 5 months of my contract (£15 a month) and getting a Touch HD on O2.

Associate
I'm on 3 just now, but am switching very shortly to O2. Final straw - I emailed them about something, specifically asked for an email response as I'm busy at work.

Received calls from 3 every day for the past 2 weeks (I often missed the call due to meetings etc). I was sitting in a meeting - phone rang (on silent). I pressed reject. 5 seconds later it goes again, reject. This happened 20 times in a row (it was 3 customer services). I'm thinking of just buying out the final 5 months of my contract (£15 a month) and getting a Touch HD on O2.

I dont know why they bother ringing, usually the customer services attendant is very hard to understand and never has any sensible information.

Associate
Vodafone have been the best experience for me, with t-mobile at the moment and they are awful. I have a blackberry and the reliability of the internet for emails etc is just a disgrace. Guess thats no surprise though since they are based on the old one-2-no one network. Going to buy out the contract and head over to vodafone and get the new Storm methinks.

Back
Top Bottom