• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Interesting that the current state of the GD poll it's:

Conservatives on 40.3%
Labour+LibDem on 40.9%

If that were to be repeated nationally, if Labour and the Lib Dems work together and given Conservative's natural disadvantage with the current constituency boundaries, it could well result in Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn.

Soldato

Conservatives on 40.3%
Labour+LibDem on 40.9%

If that were to be repeated nationally, if Labour and the Lib Dems work together and given Conservative's natural disadvantage with the current constituency boundaries, it could well result in Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn.

If that was repeated nationally I think you would have a Pm called Tim ;)
Except that Con+Kipper=40.3+3.2=43.5% sadly..

Soldato

Conservatives on 40.3%
Labour+LibDem on 40.9%

And despite those "natural disadvantages" most of the country is blue. Can't believe that they are being allowed to redraw the boundaries to benefit themselves in 2018. Should be done by an independent commission.

And I don't see Labour/Libs combining. The Tories will have a majority, even with 40% of the vote, because of archaic FPTP.

Strong seats exist, most of those percentage points are completely meaningless.

That too. My vote here in Maidenhead is basically wasted.

Caporegime
I know that. I expect Labour will probably get more seats than the Lib Dems but the Lib Dems might get more votes overall.

Actually i can see Lib Dem getting more than Labour and perhaps combined they could outnumber the Tories. I doubt it though and historically both Lab and Lib Dem need a higher proportion of the votes to get the same number of seats as the Tories.

Man of Honour

Conservatives on 40.3%
Labour+LibDem on 40.9%

Given the situation you'd expect the Lib Dems to go it all guns blazing - but around here and the neighbouring areas its turned into what is basically a shambles like this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-39690628

Really buying a house and its too much work? why was she even in politics.

They really need to get their act together and fast.

Associate

Conservatives on 40.3%
Labour+LibDem on 40.9%

Yes well, ! I suppose torys could do a deal with the 3% ukippers:)

Caporegime
And despite those "natural disadvantages" most of the country is blue. Can't believe that they are being allowed to redraw the boundaries to benefit themselves in 2018. Should be done by an independent commission.

And I don't see Labour/Libs combining. The Tories will have a majority, even with 40% of the vote, because of archaic FPTP.

That too. My vote here in Maidenhead is basically wasted.
It is being done by an independent commission, it needs to happen because the seats Labour generally tends to do well in have a much smaller population than seats Conservatives tend to well in. Why wouldn't anyone agree that having constituencies of roughly equal voting populations was the correct thing?

What worries me is that historically general election polls on this forum tend to overstate Conservative support in the country and dramatically understate Labour support nationally.

Soldato
So reading the news are Labour now trying to position themselves as a party of a "sensible" and "fair" Brexit?

Even as a diehard remained it isn't going to change (sadly) so if Labour are genuine in a commitment to remaining in the single market and guaranteeing rights of EU citizens I wold be sorely tempted.

My one issue remains though and that is quite simply Corbyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom