Poll: Poll: If there was a second brexit referendum

If there was a second Brexit referendum now, how would you vote?

• I still want to leave so I'd vote 'leave'

Votes: 38 29.0%
  • I've changed my mind, I want to leave so I'd vote 'leave'

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I'm undecided so I don't know which way I'd vote

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I still want to stay so I'd vote 'stay'

Votes: 76 58.0%
  • I've changed my mind, I want to stay so I'd vote 'stay'

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • I didn't vote last time but I'd vote 'leave' now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I didn't vote last time but I'd vote 'stay' now

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
It's pretty irrelevant as the EU is frankly falling apart at the seams, but for sure I would vote again to leave and my gut feeling is a second referendum, which is very dodgy territory, morally and politically, would bring a result even more in favour of leaving after the public has now seen how Brussels operates ;) Only today the EU have admitted Poland is on the cusp of following in our footsteps as the EU tries to cajole them into taking more economic migrants, Hungary and Austria are also strongly against quotas. Doesn't bode well for the EU :)

Associate
I would still vote Leave, because the population needs to come down one way or another, and our government's hands needed to be forced to achieve it. In the long term I think Brexit still has the potential to be beneficial even though it may not appear to be so now. The weak-willed are easily dissuaded when they can only see the short term negatives or a protracted struggle to achieve a favourable outcome, that's why I have no doubt that a lot of people have changed their minds in favour of Remain.

Caporegime
I don't understand how the collapse of the EU and huge political and financial unrest and upset, warrants a smiley face. People call me a numpty? That is very selfish and psycopathic? :p

Caporegime
Presumably you are a Europhile, so you wouldn't understand :) Can't you see it's already falling apart, financially and spiritually?
I gotta get off the bus, but anything will fail if you don't work at it. I can't see it yet. I do suspect Britain will start a domino effect for sure, but that's nothing to be proud of.
The world should be working together not pulling itself appart.
If the EU collapses, there will be huge civil unrest. A lot of people will die. Dramatic or what.

Associate
Didn't vote. Was going to vote leave, but decided I knew too little about the situation to make an informed choice, so I didn't. I would probably vote for Stay now though to be honest.

Soldato
Yeah, we always need the Crepe option.

EDIT: On a more serious note, I would like to see the final deal put to a popular vote either:

- Take the deal and leave
- Remain

I voted remain and I really wouldn't favour this approach. It was bad enough when it was a simple in/out decision, can you imagine the shenanigans if it was a vote on a multifaceted deal? The duplicity would be unbearable. The only reason I can see a government making that call is to distance themselves from the decision, a "well you asked for it" kind of thing.

Soldato
Absolutely not, we'd go through another recession but we'd fair much better than the other euro countries.

we would fair better than them but we would still be far worse off than if the EU did not collapse. Our economy is too reliant on stability and strength of the other European economies to benefit from their ruin.

If we make a significantly quick recovery and the EU countries stay stunted long enough that our buying power increases as far as commodities and other physical imports go but we would suffer in the financial service industry - something we cant afford to do. We also heavily weaken ourselves compared to countries outside the EU.

No thanks, i'll take stability over collapse.

Permabanned
I gotta get off the bus, but anything will fail if you don't work at it. I can't see it yet. I do suspect Britain will start a domino effect for sure, but that's nothing to be proud of.
The world should be working together not pulling itself appart.
If the EU collapses, there will be huge civil unrest. A lot of people will die. Dramatic or what.

There's civil unrest already and another Balkans style conflict is just around the corner, I'd rather not be part of the bumbling EU awaiting the bureaucratic wheels slowly turning until it's too late. We need to distance ourselves from this mess. The world will never "pull together", that's not the nature of mankind. We are due a war and a population cull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom