• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll, nVidia CEO on Free Sync, is he believable or not?

Do you believe Jensen Huang

• I believe Jensen Huang

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • I do not believe Jensen Huang

Votes: 118 61.5%
  • Pancakes

Votes: 53 27.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Stuff like the black flickering on Freesync, I experience with the same screen in that video on my V64. Games/Driver depending.

Apparently it can be fixed using CRU to modify the freesync ranges, I've not yet tested this though. But I can understand why that would fail Gsync validation, and I don't think it should be acceptable point blank.

Obviously Jen's wrong in his assessment that Freesync doesn't work. But it's certainly not as rosy as some would have you believe.

;)

Soldato
D.P brings up valid points and I don't make him wrong. When you look at Freesync, any old screen was churned out with no worry or care from AMD. Now AMD have Freesync2 and the bar is set for certain standards to meet before it get a certification stamp but if Freesync was so good, why do this now? From my perspective, Jen is correct and some of the Freesync monitors are just not good enough.

Stick to what you know. AMD aren't churning out any screens at all.

Jensen also never said "some." He said freesync doesn't work and tried to suggest that it's almost every screen.

Soldato
Stuff like the black flickering on Freesync, I experience with the same screen in that video on my V64. Games/Driver depending.

Apparently it can be fixed using CRU to modify the freesync ranges, I've not yet tested this though. But I can understand why that would fail Gsync validation, and I don't think it should be acceptable point blank.

Obviously Jen's wrong in his assessment that Freesync doesn't work. But it's certainly not as rosy as some would have you believe.

Like I said above Freesync is from having its faults and the same for Gsync it's also far from being perfect and users report same issues.

Had a little Google and you can find anything about Gsync that has also been reported by Freesync users.
Black screen flickering, is it common? Probably not is your issue common again probably not.
It just proves they are not free from gliching out.

Edit
Couple weeks old, Nvidia driver breaking Gsync

You know what I wanted to add videos of Freesync but it would seem they isn't much to go off from YouTube. I wanted to keep the search fair so I got videos up from 1 month ago and am surprised just how much Gsync videos they is showing up.

Last edited:
Caporegime

Jensen also never said "some." He said freesync doesn't work and tried to suggest that it's almost every screen.

He said Freesync doens't work on some AMD GPUs and screens, that is a fact.

He never said Freesync never works properly on any screen. He said the exact opposite, including that at least 12 screens work very well on Nvidia GPUs and more Freesync screen will be certified later. ther screens may work well but not have sufficient operating range.

Associate
“We never competed,” Huang said of upcoming FreeSync support. “(FreeSync) was never proven to work. As you know, we invented the area of adaptive sync. The truth is most of the FreeSync monitors do not work. They do not even work with AMD’s graphics cards.”
il leave this here again for you.

Caporegime

I never said they did? I also never said some and you are the one implying what Jen said. Maybe you should stick to what you know?

Soldato
“We never competed,” Huang said of upcoming FreeSync support. “(FreeSync) was never proven to work. As you know, we invented the area of adaptive sync. The truth is most of the FreeSync monitors do not work. They do not even work with AMD’s graphics cards.”

Again he will just keep rewording to make him correct. You won't win this. D.P is always correct, Nvidia rules and amd drules lol

Caporegime

So you arre admitting you are wrong then? Huang clearly says most, not all.

Caporegime
You know what I wanted to add videos of Freesync but it would seem they isn't much to go off from YouTube. I wanted to keep the search fair so I got videos up from 1 month ago and am surprised just how much Gsync videos they is showing up.
I just searched and there are loads of issues with flickering, brigthness flickering, black screen flickering etc on AMD GPUs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fre...O_fAhXeRhUIHVZTBuMQ_AUIDygC&biw=1916&bih=1042

Fill your boots ;)

Associate
Soldato
Soldato
This is desperately sad from NV, of course F-SYNC works, it works very well, NV hate it because it undermines their G-SYNC ripoff tax. I hope their stock continues to plummet.

Caporegime
what hes says is wrong whichever way you word it up. ;):):p p.s i never said all, that was someone else :)

Well, the good thing is Nvidia is allowing even non-certified Freesync monitors to work, so it doensn't actually matter if he is wrong or or not, and we will also get a clear idea of how many freesync monitors are just not working well.

Caporegime
This is desperately sad from NV, of course F-SYNC works, it works very well, NV hate it because it undermines their G-SYNC ripoff tax. I hope their stock continues to plummet.
The main issue is ranges. There can be a 144Hz monitor that states "Freesync" but might only have a range of 48Hz-70Hz in which Freesync works. This is the main problem with Freesync. Check out this list of Freesync monitors and their ranges.

https://www.amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors

And a warning for those who are unclear of what is what (seems like a lot of people here)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-warning-for-vrr-freesync-display-owners-buyers.56148/

Quite an eye opener if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom