Poll: Poll please- Do you drink alcohol?

Do you drink alcohol?

• Yes

Votes: 366 42.4%
  • No

Votes: 108 12.5%
  • Rarely

Votes: 280 32.4%
  • Too much

Votes: 110 12.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
I drink a lot less than I used to, mainly because I don't get out nearly as often and I'm not much of a home-drinker. I might have the odd ale on a Friday/Saturday night if I'm watching a film but otherwise, I can't really be bothered with that hangover feeling that I seem to get no matter how much I drink.

Don
I drink, generally far too much. There were points when I was drinking every day although this has been cut down now. I generally only drink on weekends now and have cut down on the 'big nights out'

I did aa no drink January challenge, which I aced really easily. But when I can drink, I generally do.

Associate
I generally only drink on Friday and Saturday nights, and not every weekend (I drank this weekend and last weekend, but not for about a month before that).

My alcohol intake was tiny up until this time last year, then some bad stuff happened in my life and I end up getting steamboated whenever I drink now.

Caporegime
OP
I voted what a stupid poll though since my vote was yes and rarely what does that even mean?

I drink at least once per week sometimes twice is that rarely loads hardly any?

I rarely get drunk less than once per year.

I rarely drink more than 3-4 pints mostly 1 or 2 pints per week.

Drinking on or slightly above the government guidelines is yes. To much is around 50 units per week this has also be ascertained in this thread.

Caporegime
But a lot of heavy drinkers don'y get hangovers..That's the point.The level of alcohol in the blood is there and merely gets topped up the next day.

Even if they don't drink the next day until evening time.

If you are a heavy drinker then you know you are drinking too much!

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
I rarely drink. Maybe if it is a night out, maybe if someone else (work) is paying :D

I don't enjoy it and get drunk too easily so it's a waste of time really for me! :o

Would rather spend the calories on dessert! :p

BB x

Soldato
The odd beer during the week but nothing religious, then will generally have a couple of beers or glass of wine with the misses on the weekend unless friends come over or we go out, then I'll drink a bit more.

Soldato
I only drink socially, but even then I only drink a limited amount (normally 4 glasses of wine or 3 pints.) In the past when I have gone all out (mostly to keep up with my friends) I noticed I don't get drunk, I tend to become very tired and get a massive headache that cripples me from enjoying myself.

Yeah I know, I sound like a bag of fun :p I think it's partially because I grew up with people that can't do anything social without involving heavy amounts of alcohol. I've also witnessed these people lose control on countless occasions and hurt themselves and others because of it. It's caused myself and so many people I know problems, so yeah I'm not a fan of alcohol. I'm especially not a fan of this country's obsession with getting plastered in order to have a good time, it's possible to have a great time without losing yourself in a sickening drink filled haze.

Back
Top Bottom