Poll: Poll please- Do you drink alcohol?

Do you drink alcohol?

• Yes

Votes: 366 42.4%
  • No

Votes: 108 12.5%
  • Rarely

Votes: 280 32.4%
  • Too much

Votes: 110 12.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
Once a week, occasionally twice. Not too much, 3-4 pints per night usually.

I never have, or will drink at home.

The large quantity of Diet Coke I drink is a much more pressing concern for me!

Last edited:
Soldato
Stopped drinking 4 years ago.

I had no problem with drink but hangovers screwed with my sinuses. The dehydration gives me close to 3 day hangovers.

At first I just cut down what I was drinking when I was out and made double sure to drink lots of water. But as my immunity to alcohol lessened I started getting hangovers regardless of how much I drank. Even a single pint would gave me a hell of a headache the next day and my sinuses would be screwed even the following day.

As I'm fairly outgoing I've no problem blending in at social occasions where everyone else is drinking / drunk so I quickly just stopped drinking at all.

I'll quite happily have a taste (sip) of beers/wines/ciders that friends recommend, and even have a shot if the situation is appropriate. I just weigh up the circumstances against how much I can be bothered with the side effects the next day.

Of course this is the same decision that any person makes that goes out drinking. Just while most have the choice of only having a few and avoiding the hangover I will always get the hangover and instead of ranging from "bad" to "worst" my range from "worst" to "insanely crippling" :)

Soldato
Rarely about 5 times a year. I haven't tried many drinks and they either tasted horrible or average. I really don't want to find a drink that I really enjoy.

Soldato
People generally don't drink alcohol for the taste.

What? Utter nonsense. Sure, some people are only interested in getting smashed /feeling calm from the alcohol but there are many, many, people & clubs that are only interested in trying different drinks for the taste.

You just need to look at the ballooning 'craft' beer scene to see such is true.

Soldato
spent too many days in bed with poop hangovers to be drinking in big amount these days

i now stick to the odd pint, half pint. few bottles at home on the weekend etc
now and again i'll have a p*** up, maybe only 4 times a year, if that

Soldato
I'm surprised at the amount of people who actually don't drink at all.

I'm not a big drinker, usually only a social drinker other than the odd beer or cider at home when i fancy one. I can't go on a night out and not drink, it feels....wrong, everybody else is usually drinking and I would feel awkward being the only person not having a drink!

Soldato
Special occasions and even then I'm not bothered.

This tbh, I long ago got tired of boozing every weekend. Last time I drank was at a family birthday in July and all I drank was 2 330ml cans of Rekorderlig (sp?) cider I had left over from Download and I only drank them as they were going out of date.

Caporegime
OP
When the majority are drinking Carling, John Smiths and other such generic crap then I tend to agree however I would say the majority of older adults are more selective and I get to gig at about 6 Beer Festivals a year.

What about vodka and red bull ? Some People drink to get ****ed

Back
Top Bottom