1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Poll please- Do you drink alcohol?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by easyrider, Oct 12, 2013.

?

Do you drink alcohol?

1. Yes

366 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. No

108 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Rarely

280 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Too much

110 vote(s)
    12.7%
  1. itchy

Mobster

I have drank guinness every single night for the past 5 years!!!!

I have about 8 to 10 cans a night at 440ml so its around 7 pints on average!!

No hangovers, no ill health and I am 5ft 10 and 10 stone !!! ;)

I do not drink anything else as it sends me nuts or gives me the hangover from hell!!! :rolleyes:

Oh yes I am now 41 and only started drinking at 35!!

Lifes fun!!! ;)

2. Acme

Caporegime

*takes a swig of absolut and monster* Hey, i'm drinking this because I like it! :p

3. Biohazard

PermaBanned

Nothing beats a good cold Tennent's ;)

I drink very rarely now compared to my early 20's which is probably a good thing.

4. Narj

Capodecina

I've tried several dozen times to quit completely but I just can't do it.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  5. SueBo

Associate

I do but only weekends, never in the week, or if I go down the bingo maybe :)

6. Nitefly

Man of Honour

Dear lord the last couple of weeks have been relentless. I seem to have ended up going out for drinks almost every night with a different set of friends... now I have an invite for another night out with an old friend! There is no escape from alcohol in this day and age.

I'm living with a continental housemate at the moment and it's clear that us Brits do have an issue. All the European friends don't drink anywhere near as much, or if they do, it's not to the same extent. Saying that, they smoke and 'smoke' a hell of a lot more!

My poor body.

7. Nevakonaza

Mobster

Nope,Don't drink any alcohol. :)

8. VoG

Soldato

Rarely, maybe 4 - 6 times a year.

9. pitchfork

Sgarrista

I drank 3 pints and a litre of tanqueray gin last night.
    Apparently I also ordered a kebab, it was a good breakfast.

I do drink a fair amount but not as much as I used to, I remember years back I was a borderline alcoholic drinking a good load of whisky every evening.

10. always4lora

Wise Guy

i drink, depends on how stressfull work is, if it's a hard day i'll have a short or two. Normally dark rum or Glayva although i do have the occasional scotch
    Rarely drink to the excess though

11. Will Gill

Fruit Machine Extraordinaire

i surprised myself, had two shandys and was in bed by 10pm last night, what's rare is wonderful; feeling chipper today :cool:

12. Glanza

Sgarrista

I used to daily but now I'll have a drink once a month if that. Just doesn't appeal to me anymore.

If I do have a drink it's usually something mixed like capt morgans spiced rum and coke, Rather then full on lager.

13. Homer-Simpson

Wise Guy

Used to drink a lot, due to work commitments I hardly go out now so I only have a few when it is a special occasion.

14. hawker1986

Wise Guy

Never been one for heavy drinking.

Enjoy the odd pint or two from time to time but usually go months between this happening. I enjoy it because its a rare thing. Never felt the need to get drunk and I found out when I was a teenager its a long slog to get me there. Gave it another go recently at a stag do - drank 8 pints, various shots over the evening having not drunk for months - end result: nothing felt fine carried the groom to be most of 1.5 miles back to the hotel :S

Mugs game drinking a lot, just bad for you in every way.

Hawker

15. easyrider

Caporegime

806 Votes not bad :)

16. Ceryndrion

Mobster

I consider my answer to be no, I don't drink as a rule, however that is not to say that I am teetotal, as once in a blue moon (like christmas for example) I might have a tipple (a little bailey's in my hot chocolate). But for the most part.. I've never really seen the appeal.

A nice cup of tea will do me fine..

17. Cupra

Sgarrista

I am assuming less than once per month is rare.

18. Spektor

Mobster

Maybe once or twice a month I'll have a couple of beers with a curry or something... alcohol is just about the most inefficient and expensive ways to get messed up, I don't see the appeal over other drugs.

19. Huggie86

Wise Guy

I don't drink as much as I used to, its now normally at social gatherings opposed to drinking with meals at home / football. Feel a lot better for it too:)

20. Von Smallhausen

Man of Honour

Not much at all these days. I've had alcohol once in the last 5 weeks.

I have a drink with the lads usually about once every couple of weeks and have 3-4 pints. I don't drink in the house either. I like a drink and an occasional single malt but compared to younger days I hardly drink at all now.