Poll: Poll please- Do you drink alcohol?

Do you drink alcohol?

• Yes

Votes: 366 42.4%
  • No

Votes: 108 12.5%
  • Rarely

Votes: 280 32.4%
  • Too much

Votes: 110 12.7%

• Total voters
Associate
No, I haven't drunk for 12 years - used to drink stupid amounts of it every day and had a problem with it for about 7 years in my teens/early 20's.

Stay clear of it now, don't miss it at all.

Caporegime
OP
It amazes me how people think they drink a lot by having two glasses of wine a night

In my head that doesn't even touch the sides or even count.

How do you make 2 glasses of wine last all night? Thats torture...I would rather go without

Soldato
I'm Ahleckz and I'm a binge drinker.

Drink every night, usually a bottle of wine or 5 beers or so. Saturday nights are a fair bit more.

Sounds like you're more of an alcoholic than a binge drinker, to be a binge drinker you have to binge, not just constantly drink loads!

Soldato
I find it surprising that 45% are in the no or rarely camp.
I think I know one person who doesn't drink at all and a couple of others who rarely drink, everyone else drinks pretty regularly.

As for me, I probably drink 2/3 nights a week.
Usually it's 4 or 5 pints if it's a week night or 6-8 if a weekend.
Sometimes I may have a glass or two of wine if I'm having a nice meal as well - had a glass of red with Sunday lunch earlier and just finishing off a second glass now, but that will be it for the night.

Maybe a few times a year I'll have a properly big session, last one was for a mate's birthday in August. These days I need at least a day to recover from that sort of thing though!

Man of Honour
Rarely

Probably the equivalent of a couple of pints a month, max.

Some months I don't even drink at all. I could forgo alcohol for the rest of my life if necessary.

I enjoy a drink in a social occasion but that's about it.

I used to drink more, but even then not to excess.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Why?
I hated the taste of alcohol, hated the smell of fags and never had intentions of taking illegal drugs.
I'm not a sheep.

Neither was Aldous Huxley...Just saying...Taking drugs does not necessarily mean you are a sheep.

But good on you if thats what you have done. I was to intrigued not to do all those things and experience stuff.

I blame the Beatles and SGT peppers:p

Back
Top Bottom