1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Poll: Prime Minister Theresa May calls General Election on June 8th

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Destination, 18 Apr 2017.

?

Who will you vote for?

1. Conservatives

2. Labour

3. Lib Dem

4. UKIP

5. Other (please state)

6. I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danthus

Capodecina

Try being in the Labour Party at the minute. :D :D :D

2. dowie

Capo Crimine

What in particular do you think is 'propaganda' here? - it seems like most people have been posting news stories and ironically the thing most resembling 'propaganda' is the following post by you:

Do you have or are you able to provide some context to the above or was it just copied and pasted from Facebook?

3. Dolph

Man of Honour

What will happen to those who are currently having their housing costs paid? Housing benefit is a Tenant subsidy, not a landlord one.

I agree with you by the way, but the impact of the loss of benefit won't really be to the landlord, who can replace the tenant, but to the tenant who can no longer pay their rent.

4. benneh

Sgarrista

So you don't want to reset it because you're afraid that there will be a higher turnout for labour?.

5. inogen

Soldato

Really?!!?

Who TF ends up with the money?

6. Greebo

Caporegime

The one on the left is May holding a rally at a disused airfield in Northumberland with a "few" local invite only supportors and selected press. The cropped shot was the one used by the Tory loving Telegraph.

The one on the right is shot of people turning up to hear Corbyrn speak. This was then closed cropped to it looked like the same number of people as at May's rally.

So the press running the story they want not the truth just lick Trump and his inauguration crowd numbers.

7. Gabbatek

Wise Guy

And if i remember correctly certain mp's own housing accosiations which of course accept housing benefit. I'd like to say they're torry but i'd bet the blairites would be guilty of it

edit, here it is

https://www.theguardian.com/housing...tory-landlord-mps-housing-bill-private-rented

Mostly conservatives haa

8. Gabbatek

Wise Guy

9. EVH

Don

Lol. Nope. But I think that's what you want.

As a mod team we've decided that we will allow users to change votes instead of resetting polls. It's a new feature of the forum, so we'll use it.

10. dowie

Capo Crimine

But there was/is no link to the actual article - now that you've said that I'm more inclined to give it some weight but the picture itself lacks context. I would be interested to see the article itself - is the relative size of the crowd particularly relevant even?

11. benneh

Sgarrista

It's a bit of a joke, but I'm not a mod so I don't get to have a say. I shall stop going on about it :).

12. V F

Capodecina

By all means, discuss/debate but it still doesn't change the fact the poll is irrelevant. Feels like Groundhog Day to be honest.

Most people aren't honest in polls anyway. Some are and then there are some who like to spike things or annoy others with their votes. The only poll that matters is election day.

13. asim18

Capodecina

I know. I refuse to believe people are actually voting for two of the most confused and frankly dangerously low calibre candidates for PM in the history of PMs. This woman has absolutely no idea what's going on around her and is on the brink of senility. Poor woman just wanted to give herself a chance to not be PM but people still be voting for her? lmao it makes no sense, just take the hint and let her go!

14. Dolph

Man of Honour

Who ends up with the product?

The person who is getting something they otherwise wouldn't is the claimant, not the landlord.

15. StriderX

Caporegime

Surely they can then just pump the rent up to involve the subsidy?

16. Freakbro

Capodecina

Not that I care, but I think the point is if you keep the poll and people just change their vote is that, yes the end result is the same, but you don't have the intermediary data points preserved to see any change over time as your not going to remember the previous starting point

17. Dolph

Man of Honour

Oh housing benefit certainly distorts the market, driving up the average rent for eligible properties. But it still isn't a subsidy to the landlord.

18. StriderX

Caporegime

Well if it drives up the rent, then by and large it becomes one? surely?

As in, exactly like when the US Fed said it would subsidies student debt x amount, x amount was added straight onto the fees by Universities?

Government sucks.

Last edited: 14 May 2017
  19. Dolph

Man of Honour

No, because the rent increase applies across the whole market, not just to landlords with benefit claiming tenants.

The subsidy goes to the tenant. The market impact of the subsidy results in an increase in rents due to increasing demand at the housing benefit price point.

It cannot ever become a subsidy to the landlord.

20. Bald-Eagle22

Wise Guy

Can't understand anyone voting labour. Corbin is a compete turd how on earth can anyone believe the country getting into any more mountainous debt is a good idea is beyond me.

Same for Lib dems , they just want to score some pot .

UKIP have done there job .

Mrs May for me but I prefer the on e in the " Smack my bitch up video "

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.