• HomePod mini - Yes

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • HomePod mini - No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HomePod mini - Possibly, I'll wait and see what the reviews are like first

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Associate
No one posting any photos of their HomePod? Would be interesting to see how the colours and where people have placed it in real life scenaries over the renders on the Apple site etc

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Looks like Airplay 2 got pulled from the latest iOS 11.3 betas. So weird.

Associate
No one posting any photos of their HomePod? Would be interesting to see how the colours and where people have placed it in real life scenaries over the renders on the Apple site etc

Here's mine:
Ppqmz6H.jpg
script>

Permabanned
Business Insider today: "Apple's HomePod is getting not-so-favorable reviews in the weeks since its release.

The New York Times' Brian Chen called it "tough to recommend" and called voice assistant Siri, the primary way users interact with the device, "embarrassingly inadequate."

The Verge's Nilay Patel said "you're better served by other smart speakers." And The Telegraph's James Titcomb noted the device "feels a little underpowered."

Hmmm....

Man of Honour
I really don’t see that as trolling? I’m a huge Apple fan and while I appreciate that the SQ of the HomePod is excellent, it lacks heavily in some areas and seems a bit rushed.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

I’m a massive Apple fan and won’t be buying a HomePod anytime soon to replace my five Sonos devices.

Associate
I really don’t see that as trolling? I’m a huge Apple fan and while I appreciate that the SQ of the HomePod is excellent, it lacks heavily in some areas and seems a bit rushed.

sesevans is nothing more than a Google shill who doesn't post anything else bar praising Google products/services. So when he posts stuff like he's done in here, I'd class it as trolling.

Man of Honour
I don't think anyone is disputing the SQ of these, in fact I think Apple will make others such as Sonos have a serious look at speaker design as well as auto tuning for ideal sound. The issues all seem to be with the fact that the 'smart' element is heavily lacking compared to its competition.

Associate
I don't think anyone is disputing the SQ of these, in fact I think Apple will make others such as Sonos have a serious look at speaker design as well as auto tuning for ideal sound. The issues all seem to be with the fact that the 'smart' element is heavily lacking compared to its competition.
But apple never said it will be? They were straight from the beginning it's more about sound than smart. If someone wants smart it's obviously not the product you're looking for, but that doesn't make it bad product, or an 'issue' of the product.

Man of Honour
But apple never said it will be? They were straight from the beginning it's more about sound than smart. If someone wants smart it's obviously not the product you're looking for, but that doesn't make it bad product, or an 'issue' of the product.

Of course it does, when similarly priced speakers offer similar SQ, some better, some worse, but they have more smart functions.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

When you can get two Sonos Ones for the price of a HomePod... Ignoring the smartness for a second, a stereo pair of Ones is going to objectively sound significantly better than a single HomePod, and most of the good reviews basically say that the HomePod sound quality is great, but given all the shortcomings (including the price, and how closed it is) it's not high on the recommendations list.

I'm a super Apple fan, but I think it's easy to get carried away with the imaginary "OMG the sound quality is AMAZING" when in reality, I very much doubt that anyone would be able to tell the difference in a blind comparison, especially if you weren't listening to them side by side / one after the other.

It's a really fascinating product, and fascinating to see it all unfold. Once AirPlay2 comes it will be in a slightly better position to compete, although the price is still high, and Siri remains rubbish. Speaking of rubbish, here's another pretty funny Siri interaction: https://twitter.com/gruber/status/963843284794793984?lang=en-gb

Back
Top Bottom