• HomePod mini - Yes

Votes: 18 8.9%
  • HomePod mini - No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HomePod mini - Possibly, I'll wait and see what the reviews are like first

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour

I suggested Sonos as I believe, after having used both side by side, that Spotify integration with HomePods is rather clunky compared to Sonos. I mentioned natively, because with Sonos you do not need the phone to stream music to the speakers, you use (or whatever other device you want, including but not limited to your voice with the One's) it to set it up and then Sonos plays it direct from Spotify or whatever, without the requirement for the phone or initiating device to have an active internet connection once playback has started. I found playing music from my phone to the HomePod's to be very un-Apple like.

*** Comment Removed - inappropriate and uncalled for **

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I love my HomePod but i'd really wish Apple would get around to implementing different voice detection and other stuff.

Like why can't I just say to the HomePod in the kitchen, turn the lights off and it will know due to it's location in that room, only to turn off those room lights.

Soldato
H
I love my HomePod but i'd really wish Apple would get around to implementing different voice detection and other stuff.

Like why can't I just say to the HomePod in the kitchen, turn the lights off and it will know due to it's location in that room, only to turn off those room lights.
Has it been assigned to the kitchen as a room? Because I thought HomePod already did what you're asking based on the room the HomePod has been assigned to.

Associate
Using my Homepods which are in the Living Room physically & also under Living Room in the Home app to switch on & off lights in my bedroom, simply by say Hey Siri turn off my Bedroom lights.

That command also works via my Apple Tv as well using the siri remote.

Cheers all

Man of Honour
Ah, I'm with you now. So if the HomePod is in the kitchen you'd want it to turn off the kitchen lights when you bark a command at it.

Associate
I really wanted Apple to bring a cut down version just for voice control as I have a full av set up so no need for all the speakers

Soldato
Finally managed to get my second HomePod setup in my living room and created a stereo pair.

Seriously impressed with them in a stereo pair, the setup was a piece of cake. The sound these put out in a stereo pair is just fantastic and I'd recommend anyone considering it to go ahead and do it!

Soldato
does anyone know if these can be picked up for a discount anywhere, form I understand the HomePod is not a big seller. I was listening to a tech podcast the other day and they were saying that a lot of retailers were selling HomePods at a discount, this was an American podcast however so unsure if the same applies to the uk?

Soldato
My parents got a couple (I made them get 2 because mono is lame), super simple to set up and pair to stereo, really good sound quality for the size, and as a bonus I got £2.50 off my Apple Music subscription because I upgraded to the family plan at £14 and they pay half. Also got a couple of HomePod mounts off Amazon so they don't take the surface off the furniture they're sat on.

Bit of a faff to get my dad set up because the only Apple thing he has is iTunes on his Windows PC, but just making a login for him on my Mac then meant I could send/activate the iCloud invite and now he can just Airplay to them via iTunes on his desktop, so he's happy.

They are pretty cool I have to admit and make me wish there were more one-box w/room correction solutions for my level of hi-fi nerdery (i.e. more full range than a pair of Kef LS50Ws but way less £ than a pair of Kii Threes).

Soldato
As of the newest update, if you ask Siri to play some white noise sounds you have 8 different continuous ambient background noises available to fill the silence - actual white noise, fireplace, forest animal noises, nighttime animal noises, rain, ocean and stream.

Back
Top Bottom