• HomePod mini - No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HomePod mini - Possibly, I'll wait and see what the reviews are like first

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

I don't want one, and I've given a whole bunch of reasons why I don't.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

You're just confusing people by saying it's not compatible with anything else than apple music which is not true...
The only music streaming service that the HomePod will support on day one, where you can talk to the speaker and ask for it to play a song, will be Apple Music. I am willing to bet money on that.

Soldato
Siri needs to improve a lot to make this a viable smart home device. This is essentially what, a great sounding speaker with the added benefit of speaking to Siri? Well I've got Sonus for decent audio and my phone or watch for Siri, what other benefits does the HomePod offer?

Considering it's also going to be what, £300+ will Apple be making smaller devices like the Amazon Dot or Google Home Mini?!

Man of Honour
I'll be replacing one of the Echo's with this. I will continue to use the Echo as my main home control device, simply because Siri is awful still. But music is terrible on the Echo, even the version 2, so will just buy one HomePod for music

Associate
I've had the Sonos One since the 24th, but I'm getting tempted to return it (Sonos do a 100 day trial period) and just go all in on the HomePod.

Nothing wrong with the Sonos, but having now had a little taste of a decent sounding smart speaker in the house, I think I'm now preferring to stick with Apple and have everything under one ecosystem.

Associate
I love Apple products, but I don't like Apple Music. Buying an Apple speaker implies being locked into only using Apple Music, which I'm not interested in. Much better to go with Sonos, which just got Alexa support, and supports every single music service under the sun. Next year Sonos are also getting AirPlay2 support, which will help with streaming stuff directly from your phone.

Sonos has Alexa!?

Tell me more! Can I use it in Canada?

Plz let me know (quote this post plz) as I was going to buy something along these lines for my mom for xmas and if sonos has Alexa its a done deal.

Caporegime

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Also, if you have existing Sonos speakers there is now (beta) Alexa integration. I bought an Echo Dot (£25 after a £25 discount coupon that Sonos emailed through) and I can ask the Dot for any of my Sonos rooms to play something.

Caporegime
Also, if you have existing Sonos speakers there is now (beta) Alexa integration. I bought an Echo Dot (£25 after a £25 discount coupon that Sonos emailed through) and I can ask the Dot for any of my Sonos rooms to play something.

I’ve got one on the way. It’s pretty limited isn’t it? No Deezer support yet iirc.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

I’ve got one on the way. It’s pretty limited isn’t it? No Deezer support yet iirc.
Yeah, as far as I know it currently only supports Amazon Music. I know Spotify is coming, don't know about others. To be clear, you can still play Spotify through Sonos speakers, just currently not with the Alexa integration.

Associate
I've had the Sonos One since the 24th, but I'm getting tempted to return it (Sonos do a 100 day trial period) and just go all in on the HomePod.

Nothing wrong with the Sonos, but having now had a little taste of a decent sounding smart speaker in the house, I think I'm now preferring to stick with Apple and have everything under one ecosystem.

Started the return process this evening so hopefully we’ll see a pre-order date for the HomePod soon.

Caporegime
I would rather they had one without the speakers like the echo dot, it just seems we're regressing - stereo sound has been around for a while now, it sounds good... in fact you can get a cheap second hand amplifier and speakers over a decade old and they'll sound good - yet various companies are now flogging us these single smart speaker things and/or soudbars with a bunch of small tweeters crammed into them - it is a step backwards really, they might look good but meh...

Associate
I think you'll be disappointed. I doubt they'll sound as good as Sonos and it'll be far more limited.

The HomePod was compared to a Play 3 and came out better so I’d like to think that it would favour better than the One.

Limited how? In regards to skills? At launch-I’d probably agree.

In terms of music playback, we use Apple Music so Siri is accounted for in terms of Voice Assistant and all the usual services will work on it via Airplay.

Man of Honour
Compared by who?

Sure it’ll do Apple Music. But that will be about it. No Tune In, Spotify etc. What if your mates come over for a party and want to listen to something else other than your Apple Music?

Associate
Compared by who?

By the various tech sites in the demo area after they announced it?

Sure it’ll do Apple Music. But that will be about it. No Tune In, Spotify etc. What if your mates come over for a party and want to listen to something else other than your Apple Music?

They’ll be able to Airplay their content over?

Lol, I had all these thoughts initially before I decided to try the One, thought exactly like that in regards to other people, but when it’s all said and done, I’ll be the one that’s using it the most and as we are within the Apple ecosystem we decided that the HomePod would better suit us.

My friends had a load of us round at their house on Sunday for lunch, had their Sonos going all afternoon and not at any point did anyone ask to put their own music on to play so I don’t think it’s as big a thing as your making that issue to be.

Back
Top Bottom