Poll: ** The official Apple TV 4K thread (the 2021 model has a new remote and everything!) **

Are you buying the 4K Apple TV?

• Yes

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • No

Votes: 52 31.5%
  • Not at the moment, maybe later

Votes: 55 33.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
if you own a HD film on itunes and there is a 4K version you get the upgrade for free.

It’s awesome of Apple to do that, their 4K films are priced very good too, Logan in 4K for £10, it’s £20 everywhere else.

I’ve ordered one too. I’m not sure why they are priced so close together though, £180 and £200 for double the space, seems a no brainer.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It’s awesome of Apple to do that, their 4K films are priced very good too, Logan in 4K for £10, it’s £20 everywhere else.

I’ve ordered one too. I’m not sure why they are priced so close together though, £180 and £200 for double the space, seems a no brainier.

When using the 4th gen 32gb, I got nowhere near maxing out the storage so getting the 32gb for the 4K was a no brainer. If you intend on playing lots of games on there then you’ll be fine with the 64gb.

Soldato

I’ve ordered one too. I’m not sure why they are priced so close together though, £180 and £200 for double the space, seems a no brainer.
64 is pointless if just using as a streaming box, I got a 64 ATV 4 and didn’t use much space. My 4K is a 32.

Soldato
The HDR thing is intentional as some tvs apparently take a few seconds to switch HDR on and off - never noticed this on my tv though. I expect an auto mode will get added if enough people moan.

4k itunes movies do look great on though and US itune movies work without a VPN - lots of cheap digital copies about over there - got Alien Covenant for £4...

Can I use a VPN to access US ITunes in order to purchase films that allow me to play them on my 4K tv?

Soldato
Nope. You can create a US iTunes account without a VPN.

I use iTunes gift cards if I want to buy a film from a UV only studio like Sony or Warner Bros, or buy digital codes for the others.

But that means I’ll have to use a random account on my Apple TV to watch the stuff I’ve bought in the US but change over to my regular account to watch my purchased uk content?

Seems like too much hassle tbh.

Associate
OP
But that means I’ll have to use a random account on my Apple TV to watch the stuff I’ve bought in the US but change over to my regular account to watch my purchased uk content?

It’s not as much hassle as your thinking.

Plus any UK/US apps you download stay on your homepage-they don’t disappear when switching between your accounts.

Soldato

You log into both accounts once and then to swap between them just select the other in the account menu - its really easy and worth doing as the 4k selection is much bigger on the US store.

Back
Top Bottom