Poll: ** The official Apple TV 4K thread (the 2021 model has a new remote and everything!) **

Are you buying the 4K Apple TV?

• Yes

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • No

Votes: 52 31.5%
  • Not at the moment, maybe later

Votes: 55 33.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Seem to be having issues with the Apple TV, if I leave it on and turn my tv off, when I switch the tv back on, it won’t find the Apple TV no matter how many times I try the source. I have to unplug the power from the Apple box for it to find my tv.

Swapped hdmi cable and port but still having issues.

Associate
I've found BT Sport to be of an acceptable standard when Airplaying it to my ATV's around the house.
H are you using the new 4k atv for streaming ,as i ,ve just bought one today and can only get sound ,not video from the BT Sport app via iPhone x to atv

Soldato
Just a heads up I got an update for the My5 app on my iPhone. The notes are saying that they have a version now available on the tvOS app store.

Just ITV Hub and All4 (not looking likely!) needed to finally complete the UK catchup TV apps.

Soldato
I can’t get the Apple TV to wake up from sleep unless I pull the power cord out, anyone had the same issue?

It’s weird because the Apple remote still changes the volume on my tv even though the Apple TV won’t wake up.

Soldato
If I claim UV digital films that aren't from 4K discs, does Apple upgrade them to 4K or is it only on purchases from Apple that get upgraded?

It depends on where you redeem them.

If you redeem codes direct through iTunes, you’ll get 4K if the film is available in 4K.

If you redeem through a partner website, VUDU/flixster etc then you’ll get HD in iTunes if you have your iTunes account linked with MA.

If you redeem a 4K code through MA, you’ll get 4K in iTunes.

MA = Movies Anywhere.

Soldato
Every time i go to use apple tv it says no hdmi signal found. The fix is to turn power off and on at the wall and then it works fine. Anyone else have this problem? Had no such problem on the 4th gen apple tv.

TJM

TJM

Associate
Is there a cheaper source for films on the iTunes UK store? I wouldn’t mind saving a few quid but don’t want to switch accounts, etc.

Soldato
Is there a cheaper source for films on the iTunes UK store? I wouldn’t mind saving a few quid but don’t want to switch accounts, etc.

Not the UK store but films are a lot cheaper from the US.

You can setup your Apple TV the with multiple Apple ID logins and choose which one you want to use.

Soldato
Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere in the thread. Are there any Apple TV native apps that will play .mkv files? I currently have an ATV3 which I use by spoofing the Trailers app into loading my internally hosted Plex server which has everything in .mp4 format, but manually converting content is a pain. Ideally I'd like there to be an app than play .mkv files directly from Plex

Associate
Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere in the thread. Are there any Apple TV native apps that will play .mkv files? I currently have an ATV3 which I use by spoofing the Trailers app into loading my internally hosted Plex server which has everything in .mp4 format, but manually converting content is a pain. Ideally I'd like there to be an app than play .mkv files directly from Plex

You need to upgrade to an Apple TV 4th gen or 4K.

Back
Top Bottom