• Yes - 38mm non cellular

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Yes - 42mm non cellular

Votes: 49 28.0%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 71 40.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Do you guys think that streaming through LTE on Spotify (or other stream app) will be available in the future for the AW? I miss Spotify :(

Currently Doing onto the watch from ANOTHER sub to Apple Music atm.

Soldato
Assuming the relevant API's are available to use it should just be the case of needing Spotily release/update their watch app to support it. It's quite a niche use case compared to their subscriber base so it may take some time.

Permabanned
Got my Space Black Series 3 today. Went out earlier without my phone and gave my mate a call, really impressed with the quality. Speed is a big improvement over my original watch.

Soldato
Does anyone here use their watch with HIIT? I’m curious to see how the stats and outputs compare to what I used to get from my old Nike HRM.

Also, I’m assuming it correctly calculates your various heart rate zones from your age etc? Cheers!

Man of Honour
What size watch should I get for my mrs? She has small wrists/hands. Got her a Fitbit which has the small strap and that seems ideal so I'm thinking 38mm? Or spend the extra?

Soldato
Anyone know if i can use a Garmin heart rate strap with the apple watch?

Also i can either get the 38mm version for free (should be £29) or the 42mm version for £59. On one hand i like free, on the other i don't want to be gay with a small watch!

Soldato
Typically speaking:
Women = 38mm
Men = 42mm

There are the obvious exceptions if you have large/small wrists.

As for the Garmin, doubt it. The watch has a built in heart rate monitor.

Soldato
Bugger, it'd be nice to have the increased accuracy of the Garmin. Really tempted by the new Garmin Vivoactive 3, but given the Apple watch is free/minimal cost it's hard to look past it.

Are the measurements based on diagonal size?

Just looking at my Garmin and the sizes are

Physical size
43.8 x 38.5 x 8.0 mm

Which seems to be a mixture between the 2 apple ones?

Think i'll go Currys and have a look in person.

Soldato
Bugger, it'd be nice to have the increased accuracy of the Garmin. Really tempted by the new Garmin Vivoactive 3, but given the Apple watch is free/minimal cost it's hard to look past it.

FWIW the Apple Watch at least seems to be pretty consistent and accurate when it comes to HRM, compared to other smart watches. Not sure how it compares to dedicated HRMs like Polar etc however. I guess I can live with the variance as long as it’s consistent between workouts.

Soldato
Yeah, i'm not sure why i'm making myself worry about it. It's not like i'm some top level athlete!

Gonna go Currys and see if the smaller one is too small or not.

Also wouldn't mind testing how sensitive the auto-wake function is. I like being able to glance at my wrist to see the time.

Also how easy are the straps to change? I'd prefer a metal/leather one, but it'd be handy to have the standard rubber one for when i'm running.

I presume Strava/Garmin can use the apple watch for tracking runs?

Soldato
Sod it, i ordered the 42mm version as decided for the small cost it doesn't make much difference. There's a few things which bug me about the watch so think i'll see how i get on with it and then sell and replace with the vivoactive if i decide i don't like it.

@JamesM - How long did your Vitality one take to arrive?

Commissario
OP
@Marvt74 Don't forget that if you decide within the two weeks that you don't like it, you can return it for a full refund.

Regarding changing the straps - It takes a few seconds to remove and fit a different one, it's dead simple.

Soldato
Sod it, i ordered the 42mm version as decided for the small cost it doesn't make much difference. There's a few things which bug me about the watch so think i'll see how i get on with it and then sell and replace with the vivoactive if i decide i don't like it.

@JamesM - How long did your Vitality one take to arrive?

Took about a week and a half. I had no dispatch e-mail like they said I would and it just arrived one day!

Soldato
Great thanks. It says 2-3 weeks so wondering if it said the same with you or whether they have a backlog.

Mine said 1-2 weeks so may be a tad bit longer? Either way, loving mine. You also have the a few months payment free to begin with which is a bonus. With the amount of walking i'm doing I getting about 5 points a day which is averaging 152 points a month so I should be down to £5 a month. Combined with a run here and there I should hit the magic 160 and free monthly payments :)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Anyone do any running? How much does the battery drop after a run? Would it last for a 4hr marathon run?

Soldato
FT7c.jpg

Spot the difference between the S2 and S3.

Back
Top Bottom