• Yes - 38mm non cellular

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Yes - 42mm non cellular

Votes: 49 28.0%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 71 40.6%

• Total voters
Permabanned
Got Mine with the link bracelet. Loving the fit and finish.

IMG_3742.jpg

IMG_2695.jpg

Soldato
Looks nice, I have the official apple Milanese Loop but I’m thinking about selling it on, catches the hair on your arm too much, I’ve hand link bands before that were much better.

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
When I go out on my bike, I wear the Garmin chest strap and also start an activity on my watch. If I compare the figures afterwards, there's practically no difference between them.

I have to agree, i have a polar M600 watch, and the AW HRM compares very well.

Its a shame the apple fitness software doesnt really give you all that much data compared to a pukka fitness watch, software suite is still a mile off imo.

Soldato
None of the major running apps like Edmondo, runkeeper et all, are not much better than apples own app in all honesty. Im currently weighing up whether to try Strava and runtastic, but most days i just go out with my Polar M600, as it sync fine with IOS and the data can be seen on Phone or PC

Soldato
Its things like HR or step or pace at a particular point along your run,and smaller tid bits like seeing how much of run was in which zones. i find this useful for logging my progress. The apple sports app, isnt all that far away, but having had a Garmin Vivoactive smartwatch and the polar M600, which were old devices, i expected more from the apple software.

Soldato
Mine said 1-2 weeks so may be a tad bit longer? Either way, loving mine. You also have the a few months payment free to begin with which is a bonus. With the amount of walking i'm doing I getting about 5 points a day which is averaging 152 points a month so I should be down to £5 a month. Combined with a run here and there I should hit the magic 160 and free monthly payments :)

They must have got a pile in stock as i've just had an email to say it's being delivered today. That's only a week!

I picked up the Garmin Vivoactive 3 yesterday too, it has good and bad parts so will be interesting to use them both together and will then keep the one i prefer.

Soldato
Well I’ve been sat here for about an hour with it now and as I want to I’m really struggling to think it’s good.

Most of the apps I’ve opened take an absolute age to open to the point I’d much rather just use the proper app on the phone.

The watch face that the app seems to think it’s using isn’t actually shown on the watch face.

The camera app seems pointless as it’s so laggy

Strava doesn’t seem to be working for me either I get a big orange circle on the screen but no amount of pressing does anything.

WTF is this water thing all about? I click on it and it wants me to turn the wheel. I do that and it vibrates a bit and that’s it.

I will however say that it’s very responsive when I turn my wrist to look it at. I feel like that might get annoying when I’m sleeping though.

I also like how easily I can take the strap off. And I could imagine myself having a collection of straps!

Anyone have any idea what the going rate would be for a virtually brand new 42mm Aluminium Slate Grey Watch?

Soldato
Cant say ive noticed any lag on mine. The watch normally alerts you if it thinks theres too much water kicking around, quite a pointless but cool feature!

I tried Strava the other night, whilst its better than the watch running app, i'll not be ditching my Polar M600 for sports stuff, the heart rate zone monitoring requires me to have a premium subscription on strava, its not a massive thing, but the extra GPS and HRM accuracy on the polar means its better for sports. The AW will stay as my day to day, as with the right strap it still looks vaguely like a normal watch, unlike most other smart watches.

Soldato
Lol, why don’t you google it?

Pretty sure it’s due to water muffling the speaker noise. And not really...unless it sounds like you do.

Though from your previous post, you should probably just return it!

Soldato
Cant say ive noticed any lag on mine. The watch normally alerts you if it thinks theres too much water kicking around, quite a pointless but cool feature!

I tried Strava the other night, whilst its better than the watch running app, i'll not be ditching my Polar M600 for sports stuff, the heart rate zone monitoring requires me to have a premium subscription on strava, its not a massive thing, but the extra GPS and HRM accuracy on the polar means its better for sports. The AW will stay as my day to day, as with the right strap it still looks vaguely like a normal watch, unlike most other smart watches.

Extra GPS? You realise the AW S2 and 3 has gps?

Soldato
Ok well seems like Strava is working this morning. Maybe it just needs a bit of time to set itself all up. Although i would've expected it to be instant.

On the subject of the watch face. Can anyone explain why there's no syncing from the app to my watch? In the app i've deleted all the options from the app leaving only the one i want yet my watch still has all the crappy Mickey Mouse type ones. I've tried switching the watch of and on again and restarting my phone/app.

I do want to like it. I think the map function seems excellent and will be a massive help rather than walking down the street looking at my phone!

Also is where a way to remove stock apps? I don't want the things like breathe and remote for itunes video on there if i can help it.

Soldato
Ok well seems like Strava is working this morning. Maybe it just needs a bit of time to set itself all up. Although i would've expected it to be instant.

On the subject of the watch face. Can anyone explain why there's no syncing from the app to my watch? In the app i've deleted all the options from the app leaving only the one i want yet my watch still has all the crappy Mickey Mouse type ones. I've tried switching the watch of and on again and restarting my phone/app.

I do want to like it. I think the map function seems excellent and will be a massive help rather than walking down the street looking at my phone!

Also is where a way to remove stock apps? I don't want the things like breathe and remote for itunes video on there if i can help it.

The HRM and GPS are a little slow to lock on for some reason, hopefully its something a software fix would cure evventually.

Commissario
OP
It should be instant. I'd be tempted to remove the pairing and start again. I've always found that any changes made on the phone appear on the watch straight away.

Soldato
Weird, i've just been on the webchat to apple so will give their fixes a go and see if it helps.

I did have quite a bit of trouble with pairing it, it all seemed to go well but then just hung during the "this should take a few minutes" and i had to have about 3 goes.

Back
Top Bottom