• Yes - 38mm non cellular

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Yes - 42mm non cellular

Votes: 49 28.0%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 71 40.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
It’s alright. As a rough guide you’re on a winner. Just don’t expect too much if you’re doing interval training and need to monitor quick changes.

I had a Garmin Vivoactive before this and don’t feel I’ve lost anything but I’ve gained loads.

Associate
Do we think the S3 is still worth going for now the S4 is out? I don't think I am seeing loads on the S4 that makes it too different unless I am blind? What do you guys think? Currently have a Fitbit Ionic.

Soldato
Do we think the S3 is still worth going for now the S4 is out? I don't think I am seeing loads on the S4 that makes it too different unless I am blind? What do you guys think? Currently have a Fitbit Ionic.
Ive had a change of heart and will pick up an S4 when I'm in the US next month, I had the fitnit Ionic and although it looks nice, there is no NFC banks in the UK, notifications are hit & miss at very best and its just not worth the price tag in my opinion

No current android wears coming out with the new chip so looking to try the S4 Apple Watch

Soldato
The S4 is a very good upgrade over the S3 but so is the price. The S3 is solid but I am always wary about buying old gen Apple products as they do have a finite shelf life from a software point of view. The S0 is now completely obsolete and it’s only 3 years old.

Associate
The S4 is a very good upgrade over the S3 but so is the price. The S3 is solid but I am always wary about buying old gen Apple products as they do have a finite shelf life from a software point of view. The S0 is now completely obsolete and it’s only 3 years old.

First gen though wasn’t it? Original iPhone didn’t last long either, same for iPad. As tech and platform matures you’ll get more life out of them, iPhones being a good example of that.

fez

fez

Caporegime

As Dasyad says, first generation products are often pushing their luck on a few fronts to be able to exists at all. The series 0 was slow when it was released and very limited. I had one and got rid of it but I now have a series 3 which is a brilliant watch and will be fine for at least 4 years I imaging.

The current iPhones are a good example of this. Even the 6S still runs perfectly well on iOS12 which is a 3 year old phone. Apple seem to have taken a little leap with their processors in the last couple of years which should mean that devices last a bit longer before becoming bogged down in the software.

Associate
Currently debating between a Stainless Steel 38mm S3 or Nike 40mm S4.

Price difference between the two would be £20, is the SS worth it or should I opt for the newer tech?

fez

fez

Caporegime
Currently debating between a Stainless Steel 38mm S3 or Nike 40mm S4.

Price difference between the two would be £20, is the SS worth it or should I opt for the newer tech?

Definitely get the S4. The S3 is a great watch but unless the SS really makes a huge difference to you the S4 is better in pretty much every way and generally looks and performs better.

Soldato
Can anyone help....
Trying to get Walkie-Talkie app on an Apple Watch Series 3 but it's not working. I updated the iPhone to IOS 12, then updated the watch to OS 5, but Walkie-Talkie didn't show up. I found a few threads with the same problem, which said install FaceTime on the phone then restart the watch, which I did. The icon for Walkie-Talkie now shows on the watch, but as if it's waiting to install it (it looks darker than normal apps). However it's not installing and it isn't listed under the list of apps in the Watch app on the iPhone either. Restarting both phone and watch again hasn't helped, and neither has waiting several hours to see if it would install. Anyone with any ideas??

Soldato
Anyone have their daily steps on the home screen as a widget thing?

Ever since the recent update i've noticed that instead of showing the number of steps it rounds to the nearest thousand so will display 11k instead of 11349.

Also getting real annoyed with the activity tracker when playing football, i'm a goalie and i think my gloves/diving affects the watch. I set the workout app to "Other" but it constantly seems to stop recording partway through, even if i lock the screen. It robs me of Vitality points :(

Commissario
OP
Anyone have their daily steps on the home screen as a widget thing?

Ever since the recent update i've noticed that instead of showing the number of steps it rounds to the nearest thousand so will display 11k instead of 11349.

I use Pedometer++ and the complication for that shows the full number, not rounding to k

Soldato
Also getting real annoyed with the activity tracker when playing football, i'm a goalie and i think my gloves/diving affects the watch. I set the workout app to "Other" but it constantly seems to stop recording partway through, even if i lock the screen. It robs me of Vitality points :(

I think if your heart rate drops for a few minutes it takes you out of exercise mode, makes sense if you are a goalkeeper.

Soldato
Yeah maybe thats it. It's 5-a-side so there's very rarely a quiet moment as always shuffling around and in the action as opposed to 11 a side but that could be the reason.

Changed the step tracker to something else and then put it back to steps and it's showing the specific number of steps now :)

Back
Top Bottom