• Yes - 40mm non cellular

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Yes - 44mm non cellular

Votes: 47 33.6%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 49 35.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Which Garmin watch are you coming from? I'd be keen to know your thoughts about how the Apple Watch series 4 stacks up for day to day use and also fitness tracking (especially accuracy for gym treadmill running and outdoor running with GPS)

I had the band type ones and for a short while a 235 but I’m not a runner and always used a dedicated Garmin for cycling so my use was more steps, distance covered and the odd indoor cycling - the Apple Watch is more of a mini computer that does fitness compared to the dedicated fitness devices Garmin do IMO and thus far the only thing I prefer about the Garmin is battery life - if I were a runner I think a dedicated Garmin may be the way to go but they are miles behind for the notification stuff and as an iPhone user the watch is just a great companion that even in the few short days I’ve had it I’ve really come to like it!

Oddly a benefit of the watch for me has been that checking the notifications for a message or email etc has reduced how much time I then use my phone for - you check a message and while the phone is there you have a quick look at Facebook etc and suddenly another 5/10 mins are gone and you e read more inane babble - not a benefit I expected!

Soldato
Just tried one on and having previously said I wouldn’t buy one until the ECG feature was over here, I went and bought one for delivery tomorrow :p

Screen is lovely and so much nicer than my 3. Couldn’t believe how much bigger the screen looks and feels, was expecting it to be very minimal
They are talking about years for that to happen here. My only hope is buying one in the US and hopefully the feature will work when it is enabled there towards the end of the year.

Soldato
I’m heading to Boston US in two weeks and hoping to pick up a GPS version so is this feature live in the US currently or coming live toward the end of the year?
Towards the end of the year. There will be an app available. This could be itune location specific or device specific. I have no idea if we still get access to the feature but hope that by getting a us one that we can.

Soldato
Towards the end of the year. There will be an app available. This could be itune location specific or device specific. I have no idea if we still get access to the feature but hope that by getting a us one that we can.
Why would they big up such technology if it wasn’t a global thing? Or are we too strict in the UK?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Won’t get the s4 but will probably get the s5 next year.

I already use my watch for fitness and activity tracking on a daily basis but didn’t see any additional feature on the s4 that my s3 doesn’t already do, minus the larger face. EKG would be nice if it was available but I’m going to go out on a limb and say the UK won’t see that until 2019.

Opted for the celluar model last time because it came with larger storage.

If the models continue in that manner again I’ll probably go for the cellular again (purely because I like to keep running playlists and podcasts on there) but I’ve never used the cellular capability.

Edit: looks like the cellular and non-cellular have the same capacity. That’s nice.

Soldato
I don't understand why the UK and rest of world can't have the ecg features??

Simply say it's not for accurate medical use....just like the heart rate monitor?

Why does it have to be licensed can't they say it's a rough guide? Again like the heart rate monitor?

Associate
Worth an upgrade over the series 3? I have the large space black stainless steel version and love it, and would be looking at getting the same series 4 version, although really not too keen on the look of the new one, admittedly I have not seen one in person, just looks abit too rounded in the pictures.

Associate
I don't understand why the UK and rest of world can't have the ecg features??

Simply say it's not for accurate medical use....just like the heart rate monitor?

Why does it have to be licensed can't they say it's a rough guide? Again like the heart rate monitor?
Was thinking exactly the same. Don't understand this, why does it have to be approved?

Soldato
It falls into the relm of being a 'medical device', its a highly regulated sector and for good reason.

I doubt Apple want to sell it as 'not an ECG/EKG' outside of the states as its not good marketing. I imagine trying to stay its 'not an ECG/EKG' in Europe wouldn't fly anyway.

Associate
I don't know why I am checking my order status 3-4 times a day I know it wont change for a few weeks yet, just cant help it

Soldato
Well I picked up a Nike version this evening upgrading from S2 apart from the nice little screen size I am not sure if the upgrade worth it money so could will be taking it back within it 14 days

Back
Top Bottom