• iPhone 8 Plus 64Gb

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256Gb

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 150 62.2%

• Total voters
Caporegime
I was out in London for a bit last night, took a few snaps. That’s one hell of a camera they’ve bolted on here. Printed a pic out when I got home, the detail and general tone of the image was absolutely stunning for a mobile phone camera.

Soldato
They don’t :p it’s definitely an iOS issue, side by side next to my mates 6s and that phone is much louder. Seems there’s no option either to increase it.

Soldato
Oh okay, I believe you :p

What I wish you could do is enable haptic feedback for typing, especially since they added that taptic feedback engine in the 7 onwards. Some apps utilise it brilliantly for certain button presses. Would be awesome on the keyboard.

Soldato
Just got home from the US and finally got my iPhone 8 set up and ready for use...

I will admit it seems snappier than I remember the iPhone 7 originally being and also a much smoother experience than my Galaxy S8.

I’ve went Silver (really it’s white) and a white silicone case, looks nice but will struggle to stay that way I’m sure!!

Definitely glad I saved in the region of £130 for the phone and case :)

Now to offload the S8!!

Soldato
How does Applecare+ compare to something like Protect Your Bubble gadget insurance? The bubble works out more expensive by quite a long way but does insure against loss and theft.

Soldato
In addition to the above, what are people's thoughts on applecare + vs. phone insurance and which do you guys recommend ?

That depends on how clumsy you are. If you are then it is worth getting one or the other but I'd argue if you aren't get neither. I've never (touch wood) lost or broken a phone so even if I had been paying insurance/apple care I'd never have used it so I'm quids in now. Even if I have to pay couple hundred for a new screen or whatever, over the 10 years of owing iphones I'm still better off having not had insurance.

On a side note - I've got the regular ip8 and wondering how people are finding the battery? I can get through a day and usually going to bed with it on ~20% but honestly I was expecting it to be better.

Soldato
I'm in a dilemma and struggling to decide between Space Grey and Silver. I'm coming from an iPhone 6 in Space Grey, where as now Space Grey is now much darker.

I've always had an iPhone with a black front but I'm really tempted by an iPhone 8 in Silver. It'll probably be going into a black case.

Anyone got any words of advice?

Associate
I'm in a dilemma and struggling to decide between Space Grey and Silver. I'm coming from an iPhone 6 in Space Grey, where as now Space Grey is now much darker.

I've always had an iPhone with a black front but I'm really tempted by an iPhone 8 in Silver. It'll probably be going into a black case.

Anyone got any words of advice?

I had a Silver iPhone 7 as I fancied a change. Had it in a black leather case. I enjoyed my year with it and it looked really nice.

Soldato
Soldato
I’ve purchased the following and Im happy with both ...

Screen Protector
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KNVY2FO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_mCPZzb3A9C3CH

Wireless Charger
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KJL4XNY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_VDPZzbKMG9Z4Q
I can’t really comment on how fast this charges. But I can confirm that what I put it on when I go to bed and wake up in the morning it is fully charged :)

Now I’m just after a decent case that won’t mark the edges of the phone. Any recommendations?

I have exactly the same setup as above

I do dislike screen protectors, i just do not like the lip they create around the home button and having come from android i never really had that issue as a screen projector covered the whole phone

the wireless charger is ok, it really depends on what you want or need

I found a hours charge would give it around 30%.

Ideal if your at work and leave your phone on your desk all day, or as above you are going to bed

not ideal if you need a quick boost of charge before you go out

Back
Top Bottom