• iPhone 8 Plus 64Gb

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256Gb

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 150 62.2%

• Total voters
Associate
So decided to make the plunge and upgraded to the 8+ from my 6+. Should have it on Monday!

Can't wait as my 6+ is seriously sluggish now since upgrading to iOS11

Got to say, I was very tempted by the Pixel 2XL but just couldn't pull the trigger! Maybe next time.

I don't like the look of the X hence why upgraded to the 8+ instead.

Associate
Hi guys, I've finally got fed up of Samsung and fancy going back to Apple. Can't decide weather to get an iPhone 7, contracts are cheaper. Or go for an iPhone 8. Is their a massive difference in the phones?

Soldato
Just know going in your buying a year old device but other than that speed is the main benefit. The 8 is so much faster. Outside of that, not much difference, better camera, wireless charging.

Same can be said for pretty much every release these days 6S > 7 and S7 > S8.

Associate
So I've finally upgraded from a disintegrating iPhone 5 to an 8, and while it is a very nice phone and quite obviously miles faster, can't help but feel underwhelmed that the £700 cost is somewhat unjustified, as lets be honest, there isn't an £700 difference.

Last edited:
Associate
Depends on how you view it really. Apple pay, next version of ios, better rear and front facing camera, wireless charging, water resistance, full 4g all will add to overall long term benefit no doubt ?

Associate
Picked up iPhone 8 this morning. Any recommendations for cases and screen protectors please.

Case: I bought a Spigen neo hybrid herringbone case, soft inner shell and nice quality materials all round, feels nice in the hand.

I did have a tempered glass screen protector but ruined the feel of the phone so took it off.

Soldato
I did have a tempered glass screen protector but ruined the feel of the phone so took it off.

A good tempered glass protected feels exactly like the glass screen, the only thing that might be annoying is the edges aren't as smooth. But well worthwhile in case of a face down pavement impact.

Soldato
I installed a Jet Tech screen protector on my 7 yesterday, first time I've used one and it's as if it isn't there when using the phone, quite impressed in general.

Not sure I like the Jet Tech one though, as it's exactly the width of the display, so if you're off by a tiny amount it's very obvious. Mine is off by a fraction of a mm and now the light from the screen is refracted through the screen protector in a line all the way down the right side, which is a bit annoying. I'd go for one that is wider than the display part of the screen next time if that's an option.

Soldato
So I've finally upgraded from a disintegrating iPhone 5 to an 8, and while it is a very nice phone and quite obviously miles faster, can't help but feel underwhelmed that the £700 cost is somewhat unjustified, as lets be honest, there isn't an £700 difference.

Why did you not simply get the SE then? Great phone, similar to your 5 for a decent price?

Soldato
Heads up, I can vouch for the Belkin BoostUP wireless charger. Even though the iPhone 8 is restricted to 7.5w, it's still damn fast for wireless. Feels good and works great.

Edit: worth noting the Belkin comes with an adapter for it too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom