• iPhone 8 Plus 64Gb

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256Gb

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 150 62.2%

• Total voters
Soldato
iPhone 8 64GB Silver ordered :) should be with me next week.

At this point, if you are on a 6 like me, the 8 64GB could be the smart choice.

I don't think I can be bothered trying to get an Iphone X and there will no doubt be kinks in the software road.

Soldato
Tons of people waiting for the X I reckon. They're advertising the poop out if it, hoping to get record opening weekend sales I imagine.

When's the last time they announced a phone more than 2 weeks before you could buy it?

The X will have had nearly 7 weeks of promotions and people talking about it before it goes on sale.

Yes but for even the Apple fanboys, its cost is a pretty bittersweet pill to swallow. Especially when you consider they'll be loosing TouchID, getting no bigger viewing on regular 16:9 video, which is pretty much EVERYTHING, unless you don't mind cropping the top and bottom off. Even myself who's had to have every iPhone on launch (tho the last 6S & 7 have begun to bore me) The 8, i just rolled my eyes at. Really Apple.. The once upon a time innovators, this is the best you can come up with ? A 7 with wireless charging that's not even in the box. I am almost embarrassed for Apple. Yes i want an X, maybe.. I have til tomorrow to decide.. I may just ditch the watch and phone and get an LG V30, which is everything i want and at a cost i'm willing to pay.

Associate
At this point, if you are on a 6 like me, the 8 64GB could be the smart choice.

I don't think I can be bothered trying to get an Iphone X and there will no doubt be kinks in the software road.

I did exactly that. Sent from a 6 to an 8. And to be perfectly honest. I feel a bit meh. Yes it is a new phone. Miles faster. But you don’t get that “new phone” feeling. Pretty much the same size, there is no phase you go through of trying to get use to holding the new phone in your hands etc. Maybe if I went to 8 plus I would feel different.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Yes but for even the Apple fanboys, its cost is a pretty bittersweet pill to swallow. Especially when you consider they'll be loosing TouchID, getting no bigger viewing on regular 16:9 video, which is pretty much EVERYTHING, unless you don't mind cropping the top and bottom off. Even myself who's had to have every iPhone on launch (tho the last 6S & 7 have begun to bore me) The 8, i just rolled my eyes at. Really Apple.. The once upon a time innovators, this is the best you can come up with ? A 7 with wireless charging that's not even in the box. I am almost embarrassed for Apple. Yes i want an X, maybe.. I have til tomorrow to decide.. I may just ditch the watch and phone and get an LG V30, which is everything i want and at a cost i'm willing to pay.
Same for me, new iPhone pre-ordered every time until I got to the 6S. Couldn't bring myself to order a 7, haven't ordered an 8. Am pre-ordering a X tomorrow not 100% because I want to or feel excited to, but because I haven't upgraded in 2 years and feel like it's time for a new phone.

I don't agree with the harsh criticism, it's difficult to innovate in a space that is basically a glass rectangle. I think they are doing an amazing job refining everything, the processors are insanely fast, waterproof, wireless charging, ever better cameras and screens. All these things make for a better experience. There just isn't that much radical stuff you can do with a glass rectangle. It is sad to feel that the rocket ride is over, and that we will probably start seeing new phones as a necessity rather than something to look forward to.

Soldato
Soldato
Very True, I did notice they sold or are still selling Ford Mustang parts so you never know..... :p:D

We’ll get you up to speed soon enough :p

One thing I’m annoyed about after buying the 8 plus, I can no longer plug my phone into the stereo for AUX and charge it at the same time.

I’ll need to buy a wireless charger but I wasn’t impressed the first time I bought an Anker one.

Soldato
I've got a few wireless chargers that all seem to do a good enough job to be fair - an Anker one and a bunch of cheaper ones that only cost around £6-7. Alternatively you can get the Y splitter cables that'll give you a headphone jack and a lightning connector for charging. Sucks a bit to have to use an adapter for what should be basic functionality but it's not too big a deal really.

Soldato
I've got a few wireless chargers that all seem to do a good enough job to be fair - an Anker one and a bunch of cheaper ones that only cost around £6-7. Alternatively you can get the Y splitter cables that'll give you a headphone jack and a lightning connector for charging. Sucks a bit to have to use an adapter for what should be basic functionality but it's not too big a deal really.

Any recommendations?

Soldato
The aramid case is the strongest 'barely there' case you'll find since it's a kevlar-type material and it also adds a decent amount of grip. All the other ultra-thin cases tend to be plastic and snap, become loose and don't make the phone any less slippery.

Back
Top Bottom