• iPhone 8 Plus 64Gb

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256Gb

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 150 62.2%

• Total voters
Soldato
Talking about the price for cases I picked up an Official Blue Leather Case for my 8 last night for £40.80 (Student discount from a work course applied) and despite the cost I do like the Apple cases as they are quality products.

I definitely feel like if you’re going to be sticking a case on your phone it’s better to stick something premium on it.

Associate
I’ve usually gone for fairly cheap Cases and never have really like the feel of them so end up changing them every few months. Thought I would try something a bit more rugged and hopefully feels better in the hand

TS7

TS7

Soldato
OP
I’ve usually gone for fairly cheap Cases and never have really like the feel of them so end up changing them every few months. Thought I would try something a bit more rugged and hopefully feels better in the hand

Cheap cases are a false economy. My case from Apple lasted two years before becoming tired/battered after being dropped a fair few times. Since then I've gone through 5 different eBay cases which last about 3 months before the sides peel off and rip.

Soldato
Anyone else getting a load of scratches on their screen?

I got an 8+ a week after release and there are so many little scratches on the screen (they're very shallow and only visible in certain lights) but it has more than my release week 6 had up until last month!

I don't use a screen protector but I've always put my phone in it's own pocket with no keys or anything.

Kind of annoying. Are they using a different material?

Soldato
Anyone else noticing their screen staying on when getting a notification?

Yes, I have this issue on my wife's iPhone 8+. Googling it seems to have been a problem across many generations and is not iOS 11 specific, have tried a hard reset as suggested, next option is a restore.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Got this case now. And wow is it thin!!!

Yep, you can hardly notice its on the phone, i'm very happy with it as I am not a fan of the bulky cases.

I'm not so much worried about the cost of the case, as the phone itself isn't cheap.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Yes, I have this issue on my wife's iPhone 8+. Googling it seems to have been a problem across many generations and is not iOS 11 specific, have tried a hard reset as suggested, next option is a restore.

I've had this problem, I fixed mine by resetting the phone. Just hold Vol - (or is that vol+) and Power till you see the Apple logo and that seemed to correct the issue.

Soldato
what if any, insurance are you lot using for the 8? there are too many around

Just using the one that comes with my bank account, if that’s an option look into it. I get other things like Worldwide Travel Insurance, Home Emergency Cover, AA Brakedown cover included as part of the package, all useful and worth the overall cost.

I did notice TSB have launched Gadget Insurance but no idea what that would cost. As for the many providers out there I really don’t have a clue as it’s not a market I’m familiar with anymore.

Soldato
Just returned my 8 Plus and gone back to my 6S Plus.
Literally not noticed any difference other than haptic is gone. I actually prefer the physical button anyway. See what comes next year... fingers crossed for a notch-less XS or something.

Soldato
After fondling the Iphone X i took a decision and my 8 Plus 256 arrives tomorrow. I was going for a bog standard 8 but the camera on the plus was too good to turn down.

I have to say am excited about the prospect of using the Iphone X tech on a new generation IPad Pro 11incher (oh that is going to be so sweet) but look forward to what happens in the next 18 months with the IPhone, I just think we are at a cross-roads and the X is in the 'close but no cigar' territory.

I also assessed my case situation and decided that yes, the current Kevlar based cases are worth £35. I also picked up one for my Iphone 6 for the discounted price of £21.

Coming from a 6 I also picked up a Fiio i1 headphone jack adaptor as a hedge against any audio clipping on the 8 plus. For convenience I picked up a Belkin wireless charging pad, a non-apple set of USB C cables and an official apple 29w charger.

Back
Top Bottom