1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: ** The Official iPhone 8 Thread **

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by TS7, Mar 8, 2017.

?

What iPhone 8 will you be buying?

1. iPhone 8 64Gb

33 vote(s)
    14.4%
  2. iPhone 8 256Gb

6 vote(s)
    2.6%
  3. iPhone 8 Plus 64Gb

27 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. iPhone 8 Plus 256Gb

17 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. No, I won't be buying it

146 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. Kidge

Hitman

Ah ok, I got mine through my bank so hopefully all will be good!

And I’ve got an iPad Pro so should be fine. Will probably just set the iPhone up from scratch and install only the apps I actually use haha

2. Thaifood

Gangster

Anyone having problems with their screen when they use the camera? My screen stays black. But I can still take a photo and see it on the bottom left of the screen, but I actually can’t see what I am shooting (hope it makes sense)

3. Thaifood

Gangster

Never mind it’s working now. Strange

4. sbi5ar

Mobster

Other half had the random reboot "glitch" this morning... just randomly started happening when she used her phone this morning - was a right pain to do anything as it happened every 20 seconds or so. Update to 11.2 seemed to have fixed it though so fingers crossed.

5. Besty

Mobster

quick review from me on the 8 plus.

best iphone I have owned, cpu is incredible, camera quality jaw-dropping. battery not as good as expected but still good. sad that no 128GB is available, don't appreciate the rip. Quick charger being not included is also a bit of a rip tbh (as is the fact you need a special cable).

wireless charging unit useful for bedroom and work desk. plugging cable into charge it seems primitive now. can't wait to see them put this CPU into an ipad it will be something to behold.

finally, the 3rd party kevlar case is worth every penny.

6. picnic

Wise Guy

I had this problem when I first got the phone, a power cycle seemed to clear it and it's not come back.

7. Tauren

Capodecina

Anyone else had a fairly loud noticeable “pop” when occasionally using the home button / haptic feedback motor ?

I’ve had it happen a couple of times now but it’s hard to pinpoint when it will do it next. :/

8. Cob

Capodecina

Nope.

9. Tauren

Capodecina

Maybe it just needs a reboot. I’ll try that.

10. robfosters

Capodecina

I love the camera in mine and would like to try a bit more photography with it. Is there any type of case I can get that makes it more like a normal camera to hold? I find it a bit insecure to hold it normally while snapping away.

11. chanjy

Mobster

Not sure, although you can use the volume key as a shutter button if you hold it in landscape - have you tried using it like that?

12. robfosters

Capodecina

Still feels unwieldy. I think I’ve actually found just the thing. Looks good.

https://mymiggo.com/pictar/

13. robfosters

Capodecina

I just dropped my plus off the bed onto carpet. It was completely dead, nothing at all until I reset it. Just wondering why it would do that. Does it go into some kind of lockdown on impact or something?

14. Converge

Mobster

On my second iPhone 8 Plus now after reverting to my old 6S Plus for a while (which iOS 11.2 subsequently killed) and I have the same issue I had with the first iPhone 8, which is crackling and popping sound when using the phone, using apps with higher pitched sound effects, and when using say, a music app and then using the keyboard to write a text whilst listening.
    It's really not pleasant. Apple Genius Bar is useless, state it's software, and naturally, it's not picked up in any release as Apple insist it was fixed with a previous iOS release :(

15. The_Abyss

Sgarrista

After being adamant I wouldn't upgrade from my 7+ I've had to give in and get an 8+ due to the offspring's phone failing. I just don't fancy the X.

Definitely an incremental change from the 7. I prefer the body of the 7, as the 8 is a big chunkier and I'd rather not have the all-glass approach. There's definitely more power, and the screen feels a little better too. The biggest update for me is the camera - noticeably better quality than the 7. Battery life seems on a par, maybe a little worse? There's not much in it.

I got an as-new refurb from the Bay for £710. I wouldn't feel too bad paying full price if I was upgrading from a 6 or 6S, but from a 7 it really isn't worth the cost.

16. Rossi~

Capodecina

Anybody else have an issue with the volume on their phone?

Sometimes the message tone is really loud - Temporarily solved by a reboot.

Sometimes the email and notification sounds are really quiet - Tempoarily solved by a reboot.

17. Marvt74

Capodecina

Well after a few months of it working flawlessly, my Iphone 8 is getting more and more buggy.

Currently when i use bluetooth during calls, i can hear the other person fine but they say that i sound weird, almost like a robot. I've tried rebooting but nothing fixed.

18. Gigabit

Mobster

Just ordered me one!

19. meh?

Hitman

Loving the look of the new project red iPhone 8 especially with the black instead of the white front.

20. Gigabit

Mobster

They even made the front black, that's a first