• iPhone 8 Plus 64Gb

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256Gb

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 150 62.2%

• Total voters
Associate
Ah hell, just ordered a product (red) 8... Mrs whiskycycle gets the Pixel 2 (so awesome camera stays in the house) and I potentially nick her next upgrade in December if I lose my rag with this one! I’ve no problem switching between Android and iOS and back and forth, so only my own stupidity will move me on to shiny magpie “next toy please”... Definitely not geting a Watch to replace the FitBit Blaze, DEFINITELY NOT.

Soldato
It's here, it looks damn lovely... it's an iPhone 8. Nowt much else to add, other than it does look pretty in the Red finish!

I just ordered Red iPhone 8 256GB today as my iPhone 6 is gradually giving up -it’s always had WiFi/Bluetooth issues and now living in a house with poor phone reception I can’t be without WiFi too, as of yesterday it’s started to accept phantom touches which I can’t explain...

Shame about the black front as it looks much better red with white but hey ho, last iPhone with a physical button so I will also keep as long as possible, probably 3 upgrade cycles.

I’m hoping it will be less slippy and more grippy than the 6 as it would be a shame to have to put it in a case.

Soldato
I just ordered Red iPhone 8 256GB today as my iPhone 6 is gradually giving up -it’s always had WiFi/Bluetooth issues and now living in a house with poor phone reception I can’t be without WiFi too, as of yesterday it’s started to accept phantom touches which I can’t explain...

Shame about the black front as it looks much better red with white but hey ho, last iPhone with a physical button so I will also keep as long as possible, probably 3 upgrade cycles.

I’m hoping it will be less slippy and more grippy than the 6 as it would be a shame to have to put it in a case.

Way more slippy than a 6, you'll want a case.

Soldato
Way more slippy than a 6, you'll want a case.

Your fingers must be made of different material to mine - the glass back is way grippier on skin than the aluminium back on the 6. The aluminium sides on the 8 do still make it slippy though. Need to go back to squared edges. It seems a shame to have to hide this red beauty in a case.

Soldato
I have bought another iPhone to move back over from Android. I have an issue, I do not have a MacBook anymore and don't have a backup of my old iphone.

Would I have to set up as new and download my apps again? I know I can transfer my data such as contacts and pictures from Android.

Associate
Anyone recommend a lightning to hdmi adaptor for iPhone 8 and iPad Pro 10.5?

Genuine Apple one is £40 and not sure I can stomach that much!

Mobster
Soldato
Am I expecting too much from this phone, the battery life just seems really "meh". My phone was at 10% by 3PM yesterday,

I'd been up at 7AM, been on the train (variable signal), quite a bit of Snapchat but no YouTube, etc. Spent most of the day in London with excellent signal, so just seems really disappointing.

Soldato
What’s the screen on time you are getting?

Almost every smartphone quotes great battery life but as soon as the screen comes on you can throw that out the window regardless of brand.

When I got the train to work I would use 40-50% in the 1 hour 40 I was on the train (all screen on) but less than 10% when I was working for 8 hours.

Soldato
Am I expecting too much from this phone, the battery life just seems really "meh". My phone was at 10% by 3PM yesterday,

I'd been up at 7AM, been on the train (variable signal), quite a bit of Snapchat but no YouTube, etc. Spent most of the day in London with excellent signal, so just seems really disappointing.
iPhone 8 or Plus?

The smaller battery is garbage and dies half way through the day, the larger one is really good.

Back
Top Bottom