• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
Second screen protecter applied, still not perfect. Sod it.

My wife has gone through 5 screen protectors (she's very clumsy) on her iPhone 7, and each time I've replaced it first-time without issue. The X series is so much harder!!

Have you had a look at the tempered glass protectors? Spigen are top quality and come with an application frame for a perfect alignment. They're full coverage (No cut-outs apart from speaker), so barely noticeable in normal use. 2 for £13.99.

Soldato
Second screen protecter applied, still not perfect. Sod it.

My wife has gone through 5 screen protectors (she's very clumsy) on her iPhone 7, and each time I've replaced it first-time without issue. The X series is so much harder!!
Never used one on my iPhone 8 for over a year. Literally one hairline scratch only visible in certain light, on the screen.

I wouldn’t worry about screen protectors unless you keep your phone in pocket full of sand :p or keys I guess.

Associate
Soldato
Have you had a look at the tempered glass protectors? Spigen are top quality and come with an application frame for a perfect alignment. They're full coverage (No cut-outs apart from speaker), so barely noticeable in normal use. 2 for £13.99.

Thanks for this, I've bought this exact version, looks like I'll have a lot more success. :) My crappy fitting job will last me until tomorrow when the Spigen one is delivered.

Never used one on my iPhone 8 for over a year. Literally one hairline scratch only visible in certain light, on the screen.

I wouldn’t worry about screen protectors unless you keep your phone in pocket full of sand :p or keys I guess.

I don't trust myself :( One screen protector in the past had a huge scratch across it, which I then replaced with another which smashed when my phone fell out of a loose pocket onto the concrete when I was getting out of the car, and I'm now on the third which has remained to this day. Four years of protection paid dividends for my clumsy self.

Embrace the scratches.
Nooooooo

sg0

sg0

Associate
Still no notification on delivery time from dpd and missus is cheesed that I convinced her to work from home today so she could receive the parcel. Damn, she's going to moan when I get in from work but what she doesn't know is I got her the gold xs.

Soldato
Anyone know if the iPhone X Spigen Tough Armor case would fit the iPhone XS?

Can't seem to find that XS version on the rainforest...

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Anyone know if the iPhone X Spigen Tough Armor case would fit the iPhone XS?

Can't seem to find that XS version on the rainforest...

I saw a video which showed the XS camera is a very slightly different size to the X, so might be best to wait.

Soldato
Still no notification on delivery time from dpd and missus is cheesed that I convinced her to work from home today so she could receive the parcel. Damn, she's going to moan when I get in from work but what she doesn't know is I got her the gold xs.
The ace up your sleeve :cool:

Associate
Soldato
Found the 2 pack for £13.99 and it includes the easy installer thing. Seems like a genius idea definitely going to order. Will use some lens cleaner before installation as it looks like this pack doesn't come with the cleaning materials?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-Pro...ords=spigen+screen+protector+2+pack+iphone+xs

Shawrey

Just make sure you order the right one, because obviously there's XS and XS Max. As mentioned, the £8.99 version is a single protector without the installation frame.

Soldato
First impressions are that the max might just sway me back to iOS! I've set the text size to smallest but wish it would carry through everywhere, the text in control centre is still comically big.
I've installed just one app so far (Feedly) and I'm happy with the density of the text of the screen and how much is displayed.

If you bought an XS instead of a Max then seriously consider swapping it. I hated the X last year because of its rubbish resolution and small screen but this year the Max has made all the difference.

Associate
Just make sure you order the right one, because obviously there's XS and XS Max. As mentioned, the £8.99 version is a single protector without the installation frame.

Yes, will do thanks :). I've just got the Xs as this size phone fits in my BMW for wireless charging. Only the 6 Series and above support the plus/max size phones (annoyingly).

Shawrey

Soldato
If you bought an XS instead of a Max then seriously consider swapping it. I hated the X last year because of its rubbish resolution and small screen but this year the Max has made all the difference.

I've come from a 6 plus, and had it for three years, and for every second of those three years I was thinking "this phone is far too big" :D

I'm really pleased with a smaller form factor with a similar screen size!

Soldato
I did want to move from my 8+ to a Xs because the 8+ always felt slightly to big in my pocket and I love my ipad mini for slightly larger screen stuff - but everyone is banging on about the XsMax - I know its basically the same size as my 8+ but im not sure if its too big really, i know the screen on the Xs is 5.8 vs 5.5 of my 8+ so I don't see the need to jump to a max now ?

Explain to me any thoughts you have on this ocuk

Man of Honour
I went from a 7 Plus to a X and I’m happy with the move. The screen is a bit taller and narrower I think but the phone is a much more manageable size.

Back
Top Bottom