• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Caporegime
It appears it not hard to get any of these XS or XS max from most apple stores. Either it not selling as fast or they made more and lessons learnt
Probably increased production as when I went to get one, they didn’t have any instock. Even earlier this week when I took my mum to get her upgrade, they were saying they had no xs max in stock...luckily i reserved one so we were fine.

I’ll probably upgrade again next yr just because I can with the apple upgrade program lol.

Associate
Tooling was already in-place from the X last year so they were able to scale up production.

That’s a very good point. I really hope we will see a brand new design next year. The iPhone 6 design was used for 4 years (granted the 4th year was the 8, which was released in parallel with the X).

Wow I don't think you will find a better screen protector for quality/ease of fitment/price point

Best protector ive ever had on a phone anyway

Agreed!

Associate
Kinda on the fence what to do, I brought a 64gb max from apple that had a small gap between the bottom of the screen and the steel band, sent that back as I kept catching my thumb on it when swiping down.

Ordered a replacement 256gb from curry’s online and all’s great apart from the band at the back is slightly misaligned with the glass meaning it’s rough to hold on the side, part of me is thinking it’s in a case most the time, other part of me is thinking it’s an expensive phone it should be perfect, although I’m only keeping it a year then will be passing it over to my mum.

I think curry’s have 30 days to send faulty goods back although I accidentally teared the box on one corner, anyone know where I stand if I did want to send it back for a replacement? Should I even be bothered? lol

Soldato
Kinda on the fence what to do, I brought a 64gb max from apple that had a small gap between the bottom of the screen and the steel band, sent that back as I kept catching my thumb on it when swiping down.

Ordered a replacement 256gb from curry’s online and all’s great apart from the band at the back is slightly misaligned with the glass meaning it’s rough to hold on the side, part of me is thinking it’s in a case most the time, other part of me is thinking it’s an expensive phone it should be perfect, although I’m only keeping it a year then will be passing it over to my mum.

I think curry’s have 30 days to send faulty goods back although I accidentally teared the box on one corner, anyone know where I stand if I did want to send it back for a replacement? Should I even be bothered? lol
If it’s not perfect (in your opinion) I’d return it and try again, my Max is aligned in all areas and I’d be put off by anything less at this cost!

Soldato
You're quite right to make a fuss about your phone given the cost of the damn thing! I think you've been unlucky in getting two in a row that aren't quite right. I've also got a 64Gb Max and it's perfectly put together as I'd expect from a very expensive Apple product. Stick to your guns and get another one.

Associate
It appears it not hard to get any of these XS or XS max from most apple stores. Either it not selling as fast or they made more and lessons learnt
Looks to be selling fine.
Improved production and they have 2 models with 3 storage tiers, with another model incoming this month.

There was only X last year, alongside the "boring" 8/8+

Soldato
5g comes to London this month. Trials are starting: https://newsroom.ee.co.uk/ee-set-to...ial-network-in-londons-tech-city-east-london/ (it says east London but it is city and North London postcodes not east).

Does make me wonder if Apple saying they won’t release a 5g phone next year was a bluff. They must be concerned people will wait and saying they will release it in 2 years was an attempt to stop people skipping this generation. If they did wait 2 years it would put them hugely behind the competition and only cause the issue of customers skipping a generation next year. I suspect it was a bluff and they will release a 5g phone next year.

Associate
That’s a very good point. I really hope we will see a brand new design next year. The iPhone 6 design was used for 4 years (granted the 4th year was the 8, which was released in parallel with the X).

Agreed!
I personally think it will be the same design next year but slightly less bezels so more or less edge to edge as it isn’t currently true edge to edge yet.

Kind of like what they’ve done with the Apple Watch screen.

Soldato
I personally think it will be the same design next year but slightly less bezels so more or less edge to edge as it isn’t currently true edge to edge yet.

Kind of like what they’ve done with the Apple Watch screen.

What Apple watch screen is not edge it edge either it still got a border

Associate
5g comes to London this month. Trials are starting: https://newsroom.ee.co.uk/ee-set-to...ial-network-in-londons-tech-city-east-london/ (it says east London but it is city and North London postcodes not east).

Does make me wonder if Apple saying they won’t release a 5g phone next year was a bluff. They must be concerned people will wait and saying they will release it in 2 years was an attempt to stop people skipping this generation. If they did wait 2 years it would put them hugely behind the competition and only cause the issue of customers skipping a generation next year. I suspect it was a bluff and they will release a 5g phone next year.
Don't recall Apple saying that?

Apple were "late" to the 4G party, so wouldn't expect them to be in any hurry to jump aboard the 5G train. Especially when its not going to be widespread for at least another few years.

I’ve not been following the whole 5G stuff but it seems more like a buzz word right now. Would be nice for future proofing but it’s definitely not something that would impact my decision in buying a phone. When it’s wide spread sure, but we're years off.

Last edited:
Soldato
Isn’t 4g plenty fast enough for most people’s needs anyway ? I mean, I still have my iPhone set to 3G, as it seems plenty fast enough for browsing etc. (It also saps less battery life)

Soldato
Isn’t 4g plenty fast enough for most people’s needs anyway ? I mean, I still have my iPhone set to 3G, as it seems plenty fast enough for browsing etc. (It also saps less battery life)
You also miss out on VoLTE, forcing 3G seems silly. Especially since the likes of EE and Vodafone have some masts with only 2G and 4G on them.

Soldato
Don't recall Apple saying that?

Apple were "late" to the 4G party, so wouldn't expect them to be in any hurry to jump aboard the 5G train. Especially when its not going to be widespread for at least another few years.

I’ve not been following the whole 5G stuff but it seems more like a buzz word right now. Would be nice for future proofing but it’s definitely not something that would impact my decision in buying a phone. When it’s wide spread sure, but we're years off.
It was doing the rounds about the same time the new phone was released. I will skip a gen to get 5g, especially as I don’t upgrade phones every year. Whilst 4g is fast it doesn’t mean it still will be when 5g is out and you certainly get used to the extra speed.

Soldato
Will I feel that the normal XS is a screen upgrade from a 6S (not Plus)? I know the screen itself is higher res, OLED etc, but in size, will it feel bigger than the 6S? Just considering my options on the iPhone upgrade program.

Back
Top Bottom