• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Oh that's cool, I stand corrected. I could've sworn that wasn't the case at least when the 8/X first came out :) Takes the total cost down to something more like £40 all in then.

Arguably still a bit expensive but for those who already have a USB PD charger around it's not too bad when all you need is a C to lightning cable.

Still crazy for something that comes with every other phone.

Was going to give the GF one of my samsung ones. I don't understand why it's so complicated!

Soldato
Agreed, it really should be in the box.

I really hope they'll sort it out for next year's iPhones, but people have been wishing they'd beef up from the standard 5w/1a charger for years. It should at least come with a 10w/2a one these days. Still there's a possibility that next year they'll move to a C connector and with any luck the same C charger that the new iPad comes with (an 18w one).

Soldato
Ok strange problem here(IPhone Xs Max). Can’t play YouTube videos at a decent quality, 60fps and hdr videos just buffer constantly even with 30mb download speed on Speedtest app... bung the sim in my IPhone 8 Plus and the 60fps/high quality stuff plays instantly.
Reception sucks on the Xs in areas the 8 is fine. Phone about to get dropped kicked into next week

Associate
Not sure if i've done anything wrong,

Had iphone X since it released and zero scratches on it on screen or back and no protector.....

I've had the XS Max since release now what 2-3 weeks? and it has a lot of tiny scratches on the screen and seems to get a new one everyday? I'm not storing it any differently but it's kind of annoying!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Not sure if i've done anything wrong,

Had iphone X since it released and zero scratches on it on screen or back and no protector.....

I've had the XS Max since release now what 2-3 weeks? and it has a lot of tiny scratches on the screen and seems to get a new one everyday? I'm not storing it any differently but it's kind of annoying!
I just had my iPhone XS max replaced today because of a scratched screen.

Annoying really I had literally babied it whilst deciding on a screen protector. When I say babied, I mean only keeping it in my plush lined coat breast pocket and never putting it in my jeans :mad:

Double annoying that I hate applying screen protectors (my OCD won't let a single bit of dust under the screen) so now I've got to sort it out tomorrow after work :mad:

Caporegime
Agreed, it really should be in the box.

I really hope they'll sort it out for next year's iPhones, but people have been wishing they'd beef up from the standard 5w/1a charger for years. It should at least come with a 10w/2a one these days. Still there's a possibility that next year they'll move to a C connector and with any luck the same C charger that the new iPad comes with (an 18w one).

Oh wait it's a 1a charger!

Wow. I bet so many people don't even notice either :/

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Did you pay for it replacing, it’s not me I know it’s not I’ve gone a full year scratch free on the X
No. I have Applecare+, so just a bit of a moan and chaulked it up to accidental damage.

I wouldn't mind so much if I'd put the phone in my work overalls or stuck it in my jeans but I'd been ultra careful.

Soldato
Hey folks, am torn between getting a Xs max or an Xr. I had a good play with both yesterday, the Max is the nicer phone but just not sure I can bring myself to pay the extra over the Xr. I couldn’t really tell the difference in screen quality, just the increased size and additional cameras.

I’m also shocked that no lighting to 3.5mm adapter is included! I hate Apple ear phones and want to continue using my Bose.

Associate
I’m also shocked that no lighting to 3.5mm adapter is included! I hate Apple ear phones and want to continue using my Bose.

I agree, they should continue to provide the adapter for free, which they stopped for all the 2018 models. The iPhone 8 continues to come with the adapter, as did the X and 7 before it. I think it’s around £10 separately.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Hey folks, am torn between getting a Xs max or an Xr. I had a good play with both yesterday, the Max is the nicer phone but just not sure I can bring myself to pay the extra over the Xr. I couldn’t really tell the difference in screen quality, just the increased size and additional cameras.

I'd go for the max purely for the OLED and screen resolution. I may also have a lightning to 3.5mm adapter if you want it, let me check when I get home.

Soldato
It's probably worth considering that the XS/Max uses stronger glass than the XR. The price difference between them is less than the repair cost of the XR's glass (£396.44), although AppleCare is half that cost.

Soldato
I’ve got an XS Max and picked up an XR for my wife a couple of days ago. Haven’t spent much time with the XR but it seems to be pretty good.

I think it’s a better size - being in between the XS and XS Max and if I’m honest, in normal use I really don’t think OLED is a big deal on a phone screen. Having just picked up an iPad Pro with the ‘Liquid Retina’ screen I do think a good LCD screen is still a good experience. I have an X too and while the screen is great, I was never particularly blown away with the difference over the 8 Plus screen.

I do believe the XR’s battery life is a fair bit better overall too so that may be worth looking in to and considering.

Soldato
I’ve got an XS Max and picked up an XR for my wife a couple of days ago. Haven’t spent much time with the XR but it seems to be pretty good.

I think it’s a better size - being in between the XS and XS Max and if I’m honest, in normal use I really don’t think OLED is a big deal on a phone screen. Having just picked up an iPad Pro with the ‘Liquid Retina’ screen I do think a good LCD screen is still a good experience. I have an X too and while the screen is great, I was never particularly blown away with the difference over the 8 Plus screen.

I do believe the XR’s battery life is a fair bit better overall too so that may be worth looking in to and considering.

Got my new Xs Max here and my old 8 plus. Very little difference in the screens to be honest..playing YouTube / Netflix it’s hard to see much difference. Think the screens needed to be 1440p really to be a proper upgrade as I can see extra sharpness on a N9.

Back
Top Bottom