• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
That seems like a very good deal. Tempted to try and get it for my mum who is already on Vodafone. Not sure I want to deal with a 3rd party like fonehouse though.

I wonder if Voda would do a retention deal.

Associate
Got a new Iphone XR for my wife for christmas, that Vodafone deal was too good to miss out. The screen res concerned me but various reviews have commented that it isnt really that big of a deal....shes very much a light user anyway so wont be bothered.

£36 for 100gb data and unlimited everything else...yes please.

She's going from an iphone SE 16gb to this so im hoping theres a big jump for her.

It’s substantially larger than an SE. I’d make sure she knows how to use reachability :p

Soldato
So, after sending my Pixel 2 XL back, I've been unsure what phone to get.

I liked the idea of the 3 XL, but reviews didn't instil any confidence.

I thought about the OnePlus 6T, but the device isn't premium enough for me to get on a 2 year contract, especially with their upgrade period. Looked into finance for one, but ended up being roughly 20 a month. Factor in a £20 ish sim only, and it ends up being about the same as what I've just paid for an iPhone XS.

64GB Space Grey with 80GB of data for £37 per month, £120 upfront.

Awesome deal.

Soldato
I went for something similar yesterday but with the 256gb XS max. £350 up front and £37 a month for 80gb. Comes with 2 years of Spotify Premium as well (£10 a month) which I already pay for. Really happy with that!

There’s a bit of delay on delivery so I’ve ordered a Vodafone PAYG whilst it’s processing so I can see what the signals like. If it’s pants I’ll cancel it before it’s dispatched :)

Soldato
I went for something similar yesterday but with the 256gb XS max. £350 up front and £37 a month for 80gb. Comes with 2 years of Spotify Premium as well (£10 a month) which I already pay for. Really happy with that!

There’s a bit of delay on delivery so I’ve ordered a Vodafone PAYG whilst it’s processing so I can see what the signals like. If it’s pants I’ll cancel it before it’s dispatched :)

In Hampshire, at least, it's brill. Better than EE I would say.

On my journey from home to Waterloo, I only drop signal once with Vodafone, yet with EE, as soon as I get on my train, I essentially don't have signal until I get to London, and even then, it's super slow.

Have been pretty impressed so far. But with these mental deals on contract, that may change - depends how many people have taken one out

Man of Honour
Cheers, that's not bad at all. She has a 7 Plus now and has mentioned she wants one with Face ID, I think the XR would be perfect and she's already on Vodafone with no complaints.

Soldato
Meh. Streaming video on a friends X but struggling to load a web page on the Xs Max. Same network :mad::o
Happening a fair amount in the sticks during work, not sure what to do as I need to log/picture areas I visit for emergency call outs which has to be done from the actual spot as it’s all tracked. POS to be honest :eek::rolleyes:
The brick backup phone having to be used :D

Man of Honour
Ordered the deal above. Although when trying to register an account for her to pay the £50 it does this:

Code:
Oops. Unknown error, please try again later.

Guess I'll try later. :D

Caporegime
Soldato
New Airpods heavily rumoured to be released before Christmas apparently. Waiting on them myself for something more portable :)

100% not going to happen. It's too close to the holidays now for Apple to release anything. March now at the earliest but more likely alongside new iPhones in September. There is no incentive for Apple to replace the current product when it is selling extremely well.

Hence why we still have a £949 Macbook Air with a TN screen and a CPU that is 4 generations old.

Back
Top Bottom