• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Associate
At some point Apple are going to have to address the value of their phones. I get the high pricing creates a fake prestige element (aspirational pricing) but I think if may have gone too far.

I left Apple after owning multiple handsets/iPads simply due to the poor value compared with what Xiaomi are turning out at a third or quarter of the price. I suspect Apple will be feeling the pinch of their pricing this round, with them refusing to release sales figures and cutting production.

They aren't innovating enough to charge the prices as they stand.
I came from Android, I honestly don't see myself going back anytime soon.
Always said I'd keep on eye on the Pixel 3 but it came and went and didn't tempt me.

I'm not heavily invested in the eco system - I dont own any ipads, watches, macs etc, nor do I intend to own any.
So I could easily leave, but I feel like I've been using them for a lot longer than I have.

Hoping iOS13 is a huge upgrade, I dont miss Android but its the small things that Android does better that annoy me the most on iOS at times.
Dont care for the customisation aspects etc, but the simple things such as changing Wifi Networks from the notification tray without having to go all the way into settings just to do so.

Apple need to book up their ideas though.

Don't get me wrong I like the XS its nice, I want one as I have the new phone itch, especially when I see people using it out in public. However its nowhere near £1000 nice and I refuse to pay that much especially for less storage.

My iPhone 7 128GB will do for now, only thing I wish was better was battery life which I've not been impressed with from day one.

Soldato
Getting cheesed off with EE.

Offered a deal before Christmas, via e-mail who then didn’t get back to me.

Called up after Christmas and was told (after forwarding the e-mail) I could claim it up to the 14th jan and was promised two callbacks which never happened. I called up and was told it was “locked” to the other guys account, which doesn’t sound right.

Finally called yesterday and was told the best they could now do is £50 PM or £100 upfront and £46 PM and £100 upfront. Why should I pay that extra due to them gibbing me off :—/

Caporegime
https://uk.mous.co/collections/phone-cases/products/lim-2-protective-iphone-xs-max-case

Use this for 20% off: MobileReviewsEh20

Total £32.75 delivered

Check out the drop tests on youtube. Mighty impressive.

FYI: Real Carbon
Was looking at getting one of these but prefer it in a clear colour. I emailed them a month or so ago and they said they are looking into doing a pure clear colour. But as of yet nothing. So not sure as I don’t really want to cover the lovely gold xs I have lol.

Soldato
Was looking at getting one of these but prefer it in a clear colour. I emailed them a month or so ago and they said they are looking into doing a pure clear colour. But as of yet nothing. So not sure as I don’t really want to cover the lovely gold xs I have lol.

Have you taken a a look at the Rhinoshield Mod nx ? Can get a clear back for it.

https://rhinoshield.io/mod-nx

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a super thin XS Max case? I had the Pitaka case but it came with a slight mark on the front edge which I think would be easy to add to if I had kept it and even getting a replacement I think it would mark easily.

Seems a few people had quality issues when reading reviews which puts me off spending £45 on basically a bit of plastic with no felt interior for the back of the phone.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a super thin XS Max case? I had the Pitaka case but it came with a slight mark on the front edge which I think would be easy to add to if I had kept it and even getting a replacement I think it would mark easily.

Seems a few people had quality issues when reading reviews which puts me off spending £45 on basically a bit of plastic with no felt interior for the back of the phone.

Try this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-065...&qid=1548013260&sr=8-4&keywords=Xs+max+spigen

Its pretty good, slim, no bulk, protects camera and screen with a lip.

Feels great, slightly slippery at the back but wasn’t major.

It will surprise you :)

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom