• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Associate
Been looking at getting a XR since black friday but not been many good deals. Brought one today on o2 refresh and paid £491 for the phone with a £29 1 month rolling contract which i'll cancel straight away. All in should only cost me £520 for the phone and can keep my discounted £11 sim only deal.

Soldato
Sheath arrived today. Very slimline unlike the mous

Feels good, all cutouts in right place. Nice lip protection although if you use a glass screen protector it almost is same height.

The mous is definitely more hardcore and has better drop protection but is a pain to take off and on, your fingers literally hurt!

Soldato
Having used the XS for a month or two now, I'm honestly quite surprised how inconsistent the battery is on it. Today, for example, barely used other than a bit of YouTube and nav, yet 10% battery as we speak.

Yesterday, bit of YouTube when I got home, and finished the day with 73%

Spotify drains my battery quite hard at times and not really sure why

Associate
I am a sucker for typos and really like the holding space bar and moving along to my typo.. is this force touch or not? currently have force touch turned off on my 6s and can still do it. Debating a XR.

Soldato
The XR doesn't have force touch. You can still use the easy cursor positioning this way I think, from a long press on the space bar then moving, but you can't do the pressure sensitive highlighting that goes along with the old force touch features. I least I think that's the case?

Soldato
Just got myself a XS Max 512gb today coming from S9+, ive had apple in the past keep jumping between the two, fact that my son got an iPhone for Christmas was main reason to go back as he kept trying to send me pictures which were going as MMS!

Soldato
Just got myself a XS Max 512gb today coming from S9+, ive had apple in the past keep jumping between the two, fact that my son got an iPhone for Christmas was main reason to go back as he kept trying to send me pictures which were going as MMS!

how many MMS can you send for the cost of an XS Max 512Gb :D

Welcome to the family :)

Soldato
indeed but it was a good deal, almost the same price as the 64gb one so couldn't resist, debating on wether to buy the apple care+ put a spigen full coverage screen protector on and a ultra hybrid case, screen protector came with a installation frame so went on perfectly first time, bar one tiny tiny spec of dust which I can just see :( fortunately it came with as a 2 pack so have another when this one scuffs up a bit, quite like the case as it doesn't add much bulk and will help keep it good. I'm sure there will be some things I miss from the s9 (camera probably the main thing, not that the iPhone is bad just lacking as many features, most of which I wouldn't use) but so far it seems nice

Soldato
Upgrading from an iPhone 6 (Which is on it's last legs) to an iPhone XR.

Network O2 / Unlimited Calls / Unlimited Texts / 15GB Data
£165 Up Front
£34 per month (Reduced to 30.25 due to £90 Cash Back)

How have I done?

Slightly off topic but I currently have an out of contract O2 Sim Only, firstly I would like to keep my current number and then cancel the sim only deal, is keeping my number straight forward enough?

Soldato
Maybe try downloading your favourite artists and playlists for offline play so you don't have to stream them on the move, should help with saving some juice.

Sorry should have mentioned, I have all my music downloaded on it, but the main drain is when I'm using it at home with Spotify connect.

Overnight, in standby, it can drop by as much as 50% too

E.g. last night, bed at 20.30 with 62%, up at 6AM with 29%

I've checked the battery logs, and during those hours, it says activity is 100%, but yet no apps showing

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Upgrading from an iPhone 6 (Which is on it's last legs) to an iPhone XR.

Network O2 / Unlimited Calls / Unlimited Texts / 15GB Data
£165 Up Front
£34 per month (Reduced to 30.25 due to £90 Cash Back)

How have I done?

Slightly off topic but I currently have an out of contract O2 Sim Only, firstly I would like to keep my current number and then cancel the sim only deal, is keeping my number straight forward enough?
Recently got an XR for the mrs, £50 up front, £36 a month with 100 GB of data, but that was on the black Friday deals and I don't think anything touches that deal now.

Back
Top Bottom