• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Associate
ive just bought an iPhone XR brand new for £491 to upgrade my 6s. Seem like a great deal to upgrade to, especially at the price. Any users here with any opinions of the device itself?

Ta

Caporegime
Upgrading from an iPhone 6 (Which is on it's last legs) to an iPhone XR.

Network O2 / Unlimited Calls / Unlimited Texts / 15GB Data
£165 Up Front
£34 per month (Reduced to 30.25 due to £90 Cash Back)

How have I done?

Slightly off topic but I currently have an out of contract O2 Sim Only, firstly I would like to keep my current number and then cancel the sim only deal, is keeping my number straight forward enough?

Again, just after Black Friday.

64G XR
100G data
Tether
Nothing up front
£41 for 24 months

Soldato
Recently got an XR for the mrs, £50 up front, £36 a month with 100 GB of data, but that was on the black Friday deals and I don't think anything touches that deal now.

Again, just after Black Friday.

64G XR
100G data
Tether
Nothing up front
£41 for 24 months

I suppose I haven't done bad considering both those deals were Black Friday, £891 over 24 months after taking the cashback off the total and 15GB of data for me is plenty considering i'm mainly on WIFI or driving but I can see why 100GB would be useful especially if tethering.

Now to find a case, got my eye on the carbon fibre one posted a few pages back in this thread.

Caporegime
I suppose I haven't done bad considering both those deals were Black Friday, £891 over 24 months after taking the cashback off the total and 15GB of data for me is plenty considering i'm mainly on WIFI or driving but I can see why 100GB would be useful especially if tethering.

Now to find a case, got my eye on the carbon fibre one posted a few pages back in this thread.

I have to say that I used to have Unlimited and the highest ever usage is 14.75G, it is just mentally Unlimited sounds better. 100G might as well be unlimited for me.

What I really value is 3's feel at home for foreign countries like America and Hong Kong, it saves me money and faff when i got on holiday to a lot of these places.

Man of Honour
I have to say that I used to have Unlimited and the highest ever usage is 14.75G, it is just mentally Unlimited sounds better. 100G might as well be unlimited for me.

What I really value is 3's feel at home for foreign countries like America and Hong Kong, it saves me money and faff when i got on holiday to a lot of these places.
When I went abroad with three the reception was fine but data rates appalling.

Soldato
A friend of mine said the same, apparently Three only had 3G roaming but he's in the USA now and noticed that he's getting 4G roaming and has said that data rates are significantly faster than they were in the past.

Soldato
Three’s support abroad for me has been fairly good. In Malaysia and America it was ok but a bit patchy in Amsterdam and France.

I keep considering leaving them as their data and reception in Bristol isn’t the fastest but having unlimited data at the price I do with tethering it’s hard to quit them

Man of Honour
I keep considering leaving them as their data and reception in Bristol isn’t the fastest but having unlimited data at the price I do with tethering it’s hard to quit them
What's the point in having unlimited data if you can't use it? I got fed up Three's congestion and poor data abroad and moved to EE and the difference couldn't have been more apparent.

Soldato
Received a Carbon Mous Limitless 2.0 today and wow it's a beast of a case.

I was looking for an extremely slim case but figured all they are good for is preventing scratches, this case seems to offer great protection whilst still being slim.

Think i'll also go for the Carbon Fibre.

Edit: Do you find the lip at the bottom makes it difficult to swipe up?

Permabanned
I got the XS Max smart battery case a couple of days ago. Tried to run it down in a day, took it off charge at 6am and used it heavily, 11 hours of screen time by midnight and I had 45% left on the phone.

Soldato
I was looking for an extremely slim case but figured all they are good for is preventing scratches, this case seems to offer great protection whilst still being slim.

Think i'll also go for the Carbon Fibre.

Edit: Do you find the lip at the bottom makes it difficult to swipe up?

You certainly feel it’s there but you get used to it. I don’t find it a problem tbh

It’s a stunning case. Very tight fit though.

Soldato
You certainly feel it’s there but you get used to it. I don’t find it a problem tbh

It’s a stunning case. Very tight fit though.

Thought as much! Still getting used to not having a home button.

I have just seen your post about the Sheath and that does appeal to me being slimmer but I noticed a review on youtube where when laid flat due to the camera protection it pivots suppose it's not a deal breaker but still.

Very tight fit though.

Edit - I refrained from quoting a Michael Scott joke :D

Soldato
Thought as much! Still getting used to not having a home button.

I have just seen your post about the Sheath and that does appeal to me being slimmer but I noticed a review on youtube where when laid flat due to the camera protection it pivots suppose it's not a deal breaker but still.

Edit - I refrained from quoting a Michael Scott joke :D

I defo prefer the Mous over the sheath, sheath is great for when you need slimline goodness. I dont think I’ve seen s sheath drop test video yet?

The Mous is great when you want pure quality and proven protection.

Back
Top Bottom