• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
I defo prefer the Mous over the sheath, sheath is great for when you need slimline goodness. I dont think I’ve seen s sheath drop test video yet?

The Mous is great when you want pure quality and proven protection.

I'll order the Mous tomorrow and in the meantime i'll be extremely careful with my phone.

Soldato
I'll order the Mous tomorrow and in the meantime i'll be extremely careful with my phone.
Hi mate. Sorry forgot to say I’m also using a tempered glass protector too so this will help with the gap from screen to bottom lip of case

I have never used the Mous without the screen protector so can’t really comment on if the bottom lip to s screen gap will be too big to be a bother

Soldato
Hi mate. Sorry forgot to say I’m also using a tempered glass protector too so this will help with the gap from screen to bottom lip of case

I have never used the Mous without the screen protector so can’t really comment on if the bottom lip to s screen gap will be too big to be a bother

Something to take into account suppose that will help bridge the gap. I know the case comes with a screen protector but im toying with the idea of buying their glass version whilst the Janaury sale is on aswell as the discount code you kindly provided as I believe it comes with a dummy lightning connector to plug in ensuring easy and accruate application. Cheers mate.

Soldato
Something to take into account suppose that will help bridge the gap. I know the case comes with a screen protector but im toying with the idea of buying their glass version whilst the Janaury sale is on aswell as the discount code you kindly provided as I believe it comes with a dummy lightning connector to plug in ensuring easy and accruate application. Cheers mate.
Let me know how it is :)

Soldato
Got me an XR 128gb from O2, need a case and screen protector but don't want to pay Apple silly amounts. Any suggestions?

Screen protector wise, I would get something from a reputable brand on somewhere like Amazon. With these, it's a case of you get what you pay for - the more expensive ones have full coverage etc etc. I've got quite a few air gaps under mine, and the glass has become quite rough already - quite surprising for something Anker branded, so would avoid those perhaps.

I went through a few cases, if you don't mind something that feels cheap and plasticy, then anything branded will do, just a case of finding one with features you're after (i.e. magnetic phone holder compatibility etc), but as I hate plastic cases, I had no option but to get the Apple leather one. It is mighty nice, mind.

Edit: these seem to be rated well

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Haeylos-Compatible-Protector-9D-Fingerprint/dp/B07K7N549T/

Commissario
Screen protector wise, I would get something from a reputable brand on somewhere like Amazon. With these, it's a case of you get what you pay for - the more expensive ones have full coverage etc etc. I've got quite a few air gaps under mine, and the glass has become quite rough already - quite surprising for something Anker branded, so would avoid those perhaps.

I went through a few cases, if you don't mind something that feels cheap and plasticy, then anything branded will do, just a case of finding one with features you're after (i.e. magnetic phone holder compatibility etc), but as I hate plastic cases, I had no option but to get the Apple leather one. It is mighty nice, mind.

Edit: these seem to be rated well

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Haeylos-Compatible-Protector-9D-Fingerprint/dp/B07K7N549T/
Cool thanks, will take a look.

Commissario
How the hell do you transfer data to a new iPhone?! I've gone through the setup and got my Apple ID done by using the camera on my old iPhone to align with the blue dots, and then gone to do a restore from iTunes backup, but iTunes is trying to backup my new phone instead of letting me restore from a previous backup! This is such a joke and driving me insane!

And to make matters worse, iTunes keeps losing connection to the new iPhone every few seconds when trying to do a backup.

Soldato
Why? Your photos are in your iCloud account aren't they? On your old iPhone go to Settings -> iCloud and see if photos shows as on.

When you restore a backup from iCloud it'll take a while, your photos will download in the background and apps will download from the App Store rather than the backup.

Soldato
The way I see it, your options are to try and get iTunes backup and restore working or stop being tight and pay 79p/month to get 50Gb of storage on iCloud and then do a backup and restore that way.

Commissario
I think it could be because I'm using a USB hub with my Mac, and can't give enough power to the new phone to restore the backup. Trying with my older MBP which has proper USB ports!

Soldato
Just a thought but don't magnets kill electronics? With both magnetic phone holders and cases which contains on the market made by people who I assume should know better I'm assuming this is not the case?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just a thought but don't magnets kill electronics? With both magnetic phone holders and cases which contains on the market made by people who I assume should know better I'm assuming this is not the case?

It depends, your HDD has a really powerful magnet, your speaker in the phone has a magnet. What they will do is ruin the magnetic strip on your card, like hotel key card.

Soldato
All the time, I’ve had over £2k back from Quidco over the years.

Turn off add blockers and make sure you clear cookies before using it for best success without having to lodge a claim.

You can’t use price comparison sites at the same time so make sure those cookies are cleared.

Back
Top Bottom