• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
Yes,
You can’t see much difference beyond about 350 or so isn’t it?
How close are you guys holding the phone to your faces? It's just a stat contest now. I moved from Pixel 2XL to 8 Plus to X and have not noticed any differences in everyday use at all
That's not the point. The point is that the dpi on the XS Max is almost identical to the Pixel 2, meaning how they look to you will be the same.

The 2 XL has a 538 dpi so even moving to the XS Max would be a big downgrade.

I can notice the difference and found it to be quite large when I compared my 2XL to my X before I returned it. Before you say it I wasn't holding it close to my face either! My explanation is no one is the same, some people do have better vision than others.

Soldato
Been on the Apple website but can’t see the option to buy it on the Apple upgrade program. I suppose you will have to wait till they actually got stock in stores to sell them on the upgrade plan?? Which judging by past events, could be a few weeks or mths at best.

Think you missed the ball, that's all. I reserved my XS Max 256GB this morning to collect on the 21st. Was the same with the 7+ and X. I got in early enough that I had them at release. If you check in a week or so you'll be able to reserve one.

Otherwise it will be a case of using that website, forgot the name, that checks all the stock levels across the UK. I had to do something like that when I wanted to buy the iPhone 5 or 6, can't remember.

Caporegime
Think you missed the ball, that's all. I reserved my XS Max 256GB this morning to collect on the 21st. Was the same with the 7+ and X. I got in early enough that I had them at release. If you check in a week or so you'll be able to reserve one.

Otherwise it will be a case of using that website, forgot the name, that checks all the stock levels across the UK. I had to do something like that when I wanted to buy the iPhone 5 or 6, can't remember.
I did check yesterday as well but said not available.

Meh doesn’t matter, I’ll just wait a week or so then see what is what. Knowing me I’ll just go and get a new battery for the 6s and forget the overpriced XS. It still works perfectly fine my 6s, just a crappy battery life on it.

Soldato

That's the one. I spent a lot longer than I wanted to admit checking that website. PTSD.

Meh doesn’t matter, I’ll just wait a week or so then see what is what. Knowing me I’ll just go and get a new battery for the 6s and forget the overpriced XS. It still works perfectly fine my 6s, just a crappy battery life on it.

It went live this morning at 8:01

Soldato
Yes,

I can notice the difference and found it to be quite large when I compared my 2XL to my X before I returned it. Before you say it I wasn't holding it close to my face either! My explanation is no one is the same, some people do have better vision than others.
iPhone X is 458 ppi, the exact same as the XS Max.... Meaning from the same distance the X will look the same as the XS Max. If you weren't happy with the X because of the screen I can't see how you will be with the XS Max.

Soldato
Yes. There is absolutely no way I could move from 2880 x 1440 on my 2XL to 1920 x 1080 - that's a huge downgrade.

This again seems to be yet another willy waving contest. My Sammy S7 is 2560 x 1440 @ 535 PPI with native DPI scaling, my iPhone 7 is 1334 x 750 @ 326 PPI. Now apart from the different colour temperatures between OLED and LCD, from normal hand to face distance both screens (to me) look pretty good, without a discernible difference.

The new iPhone XR will be 1792 x 828 @ 326 PPI and the outgoing iPhone 8 plus is 1920 x 1080 @ 401 ppi.

I suspect (knowing Apple) that in real world use the XR will look pretty good.

Soldato

Gotta say that changing the battery on the 6 series is probably the easiest thing I've done on an iphone.

Soldato
Does anyone know if I go into an Apple Store next Friday - Is there any chance I will be able to pick up an iPhone XS?

Soldato
Does anyone know if I go into an Apple Store next Friday - Is there any chance I will be able to pick up an iPhone XS?

You'd have to check stock. No way any of us would know what stock levels are like.

The fact they are no longer taking any reservations makes me think you'd have to wait.

Soldato
You'd have to check stock. No way any of us would know what stock levels are like.

The fact they are no longer taking any reservations makes me think you'd have to wait.

They hold back stock for people who turn up at the stores on launch day, but typically you have to go early.

Cool thanks guys :) Looks like I've been a little too late this time around :p

I still need to figure out how I'm going to pay for the thing first really :p

Associate
XS on 1-2 weeks ships according to Apple website, doesn't seem they'll be that hard to get.

Get 10% off this years line up, through Very and their bnpl option - has to be first credit order though.

Back
Top Bottom