• Space Grey 256GB

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
Wow, you’d think the Qi consortium would have something to say about that really. What a joke, why bother using an open standard at all if you’re going to chop it up.
Because apple can rip off their customers under the facade of safety. Yes it's a joke but not entirely surprising.

Associate
Don't do it.
I started with Spotify and then moved to Google Play Music. I then went over to Apple Music on release and have recently moved back to Spotify.
If you like to play music on PCs and Macs randomly then Apple Music is useless because you have to install iTunes to use it whereas Spotify has an excellent web player. Also, if you have an Amazon Alexa then it can deal with Spotify, it cannot deal with Apple Music.
I find Spotify just easier to use too.

Spotify Beta already supports iPhone X so it won't be long before the release version does too.

Wow you really hate Apple Music don't you? No wonder you don't want a HomePod.... lol

Associate
Sent my iPhone X back today, just don't feel it's worth the compromise of a smaller screen than the plus. It was genuinely giving me eye strain after prolonged use.

It's a good service Apple provide that you can play around with their latest phone and send it back for a full refund if your not getting on with it.

So just going to keep my 7+ until they release an X plus next year. Was toying with the idea of an 8+ as I now have 2 wireless chargers but there is not a big enough spec bump to justify it.

Associate
Loving the battery life on this device.

Took it off charge yesterday morning around 6:20, went to the gym, listened to music, and on the way home. Watched a few youtube videos. Woke up this morning after leaving it on 45% with 43%. Got in to work with 17% left.

Over a days usage. Early days so will see if this continues. Used to have to charge it after the gym most days as it was down to sub 35% after 2-3 hours.

:)

Soldato
I know the 11.2 beta has bad notifications being delayed, not using that are you?

Nah, normal latest general release version, 11.1.1

That sucks about the QI upgrade being software restricted to specific hardware charging devices.

Perhaps they're just being overly cautious to begin with so they don't end up with overheating phones and any issues on a large scale due to customers using dodgy cheap chargers from Amazon? Who knows.

Soldato
So I am possibly making a u turn after not wanting one. I have a 7 plus which works fine but is boring given the iPhone hasn’t changed for ages.

I have a X reserved to pick up later today. I like the camera reviews but I am worried about the loss of screen real estate vs the plus.

Anyone who moved from a plus comment on how they are finding it?

Associate
So I am possibly making a u turn after not wanting one. I have a 7 plus which works fine but is boring given the iPhone hasn’t changed for ages.

I have a X reserved to pick up later today. I like the camera reviews but I am worried about the loss of screen real estate vs the plus.

I. Moved from a 6s plus and don’t find any loss of screen space .. it’s a great upgrade for me

Man of Honour
I've been using my space grey without a case, although I tend to look after it, I've dropped it twice on hard wood floor and not a mark on it so far.

Soldato

I had a 6s Plus and I'm very happy with the X. I haven't noticed the small screen real estate and it fits better in my pocket!

Soldato
Found another icon that now doesn’t appear on the lock screen because of the notch, the clock to indicate if you have an alarm set or not. Again, it’s hidden away in the control Center.

One workaround could be, when the screen wakes, if there’s more icons that there’s space visible, it could perform a quick scroll through them all, so you get presented with all the info without having to unlock your phone or perform any additional actions. That would be really helpful.

Permabanned

I prefer it to my 7+

No real difference in screen real estate, in a smaller package with better battery life - hard to complain really

Permabanned
Found another icon that now doesn’t appear on the lock screen because of the notch, the clock to indicate if you have an alarm set or not. Again, it’s hidden away in the control Center.

One workaround could be, when the screen wakes, if there’s more icons that there’s space visible, it could perform a quick scroll through them all, so you get presented with all the info without having to unlock your phone or perform any additional actions. That would be really helpful.

It's annoying for me too... I'd be happy with that + ideally some customisation of what you can display when unlocked.

Associate
I prefer it to my 7+

No real difference in screen real estate, in a smaller package with better battery life - hard to complain really
The problem is, after the shine has passed its still an iPhone still running iOS. If you are bored then upgrading for this reason will render you bored in a couple of weeks.

I went from the 7plus to the X. Don’t mind the size, it’s very similar but iOS is iOS.

Back
Top Bottom