• Space Grey 256GB

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
It's the apps as well, they're generally much better on iOS Then there's the fact that API for TouchID works with FaceID so even those which haven't been updated still work seamlessly. No fannying about with passwords ala Android.

Android has a password manager now, I didn't have to reenter passwords when restoring my phone. Anyway, I've returned my X. The Apple staff were a bit shocked but I laid it out to them, the hardware is amazing but iOS really lets it down. I'm now a very happy owner of a Pixel 2XL and won't look back.

Man of Honour
Android has a password manager now, I didn't have to reenter passwords when restoring my phone. Anyway, I've returned my X. The Apple staff were a bit shocked but I laid it out to them, the hardware is amazing but iOS really lets it down. I'm now a very happy owner of a Pixel 2XL and won't look back.
Do you can log onto all your apps using your fingerprint?

Soldato
I love how on web forms in safari it scans my face, and if it’s me it auto populates my user name and password, all without having to do a thing.

That’s pretty cool.

Soldato
Really enjoying the little n shaped swipe motion to switch between apps. It’s so smooth and fluid.

Although, soda law, just as I was playing with that, when I came back to this window to write this post they keyboard kept spazzing out when trying to focus on the reply box, so I had to refresh the page....buggggyy

Soldato
Sigh.. CPW are jokers. Mine was supposed to be delivered today, and their response was there was a "picking delay" - so would have to wait till Monday. Such Jokers these lot.
Mine was due from CPW today as well, I had no update from them so just chased them up and apparently it's now Dec 1st so cancelled my order. The customer service people have been really polite and helpful but frankly this sort of mess puts me off using CPW or iphone x at all. For a company like Apple which prides itself on the quality of its customer experience this launch really is poor at best.

Soldato
I found another issue. Often the way I hold it two handed, when lying on my side in bed, my thumb partially covers the notch, so FaceID doesn’t work.

I guess I’m holding it wrong? Lol

You’re complaining about the camera not scanning you properly, when you cover the camera? Assume this is a joke?

Soldato
Do you can log onto all your apps using your fingerprint?

Person unable to use phone properly...not able to use phone properly...shock. Every app I have that requires auth uses tpuchid, which I assume will convert to faceid. When setting up a new phone, yeah happy to re auth as I generally do that once in a blue moon.

Man of Honour
Person unable to use phone properly...not able to use phone properly...shock. Every app I have that requires auth uses tpuchid, which I assume will convert to faceid. When setting up a new phone, yeah happy to re auth as I generally do that once in a blue moon.

I was talking about Android?

I'm referring to review sites, such as this one:

https://www.androidcentral.com/iphone-x

My banking app, for instance, brought Touch ID (and, thanks to transferrable APIs, Face ID) support to its iOS app two years ago; the Android version forces me to enter my password like a chump every time. My favorite writing app, Bear, has no intention of building an Android version, and my formerly favorite meal-planning app, Grocery King, hasn't updated its Android app in over two years.

Associate
Mine was due from CPW today as well, I had no update from them so just chased them up and apparently it's now Dec 1st so cancelled my order. The customer service people have been really polite and helpful but frankly this sort of mess puts me off using CPW or iphone x at all. For a company like Apple which prides itself on the quality of its customer experience this launch really is poor at best.

Crikey.. lets hope they werent lying to me when they said it'd be delivered on Monday!

Soldato
I love how on web forms in safari it scans my face, and if it’s me it auto populates my user name and password, all without having to do a thing.

That’s pretty cool.

That caught me off guard the first time it happened.

For a company like Apple which prides itself on the quality of its customer experience this launch really is poor at best.

Was a very smooth launch for me. They even got my phone to me a week earlier than they said they would. Was supposed to be 18th. Got it on the 8th. Think your problems should be aimed at CPW

Associate
What is the Pixel XL 2 screen like compared to the X? I read there were screen issues with the XL 2?

Soldato
Here is my honest view after a day usage vs iPhone 7 plus. Not exactly a good sample but anyway

Plus

• Screen is good (but not significantly better)
  • Face unlock is way better than i expected, it just works. There are moments it is not ideal (e.g. if phone is not in line of sight) but it is good
  • I quite like the form factor (as in the screen ratio vs plus), but there is a negative
  • Camera is very good
  • I find the bottom and top curved sections useful, it will be good when more apps make use of them
Negative

• It is not worth its cost, it is good but it is not revolutionary
  • It could do, IMO, with being a little bit bigger, I don't quite think it is a full substitute on the real estate of the plus, even though i prefer the ratio
  • Not X specific but I think it is time Apple start bringing iOS more forward, it is very stale (IMO)

Neutral

• I don't feel any speed differences

Couple things to add

Plus

• No more hiss on videos thankfully (a 7 plus specific issue, i had 4 replacements all had the dreaded hiss in silent recording)
  • Battery is indeed better than the 7 plus

Back
Top Bottom