Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Associate
CPW are just unbelievable.

Spoke to 3 different people on Friday all assuring my order will be delivered on Monday.

No DPD number this morning, and now ring up again and they say it wont be delivered till the 1st December.

Cancelled my order.

Soldato
Ah CPW... you can always rely on them to disappoint you!

I have returned my X and gone for a brand new but second hand 8 Plus, as I couldn't really justify the expense. As someone above said, it's all running iOS so there's not that much tangible benefit really and I've saved myself £400 which could be enough for an Apple Watch should I want one.

Associate
I suspect the space below the keyboard is a 'design feature' to keep the keyboard accessible when using one handed. I can imagine a lot of dropped / smashed handsets if the keyboard was right at the bottom when in one handed use.

If there was an option to reposition it in setting everyone would be happy / happier.

Soldato
CPW are just unbelievable.

Spoke to 3 different people on Friday all assuring my order will be delivered on Monday.

No DPD number this morning, and now ring up again and they say it wont be delivered till the 1st December.

Cancelled my order.
Sorry to hear it, they did the same to me on friday so likewise cancelled my order. I may decide to not bother with X but even if i do they (CPW) won't be getting my money (not that they care much i'm sure)

Soldato
Been rolling with an X 256gb space grey since last week. Didn't get my pre-order on launch day and was made to wait until last week. TBH i was on the fence about canceling my order and making the switch to Android. Reasons behind wanting to cancel was being annoyed that i didnt get my preorder on launch day, the cost, lack of innovation, loss of touch ID. But cost being the big one.. Saying to myself, if we don't buy the X, then Apple next yr will re-evaluate their ridiculous pricing scheme. A one man protest i guess you could say.. i was told to send it back unopened if i wanted a full refund.. Anyway i sat on the unopened box for a few hrs after delivery, pondering on what my next move would be.. After having a new iPhone every yr on launch, this was one i was itching to send back. BUT i gave in and dived right in, like an addict who had been holding off a few hrs from his hit. All i can say is i'm glad i did. Loving the X. Not been this excited for a long while now tinkering with a phone. I feel it is a huge upgrade. Feels so nice in the hand. Yes there are some software improvements that can be made, but for the most part, i've not missed Touch ID or the lack of a face button once. Notch only has a small impact on my enjoyment overall. Anyway i'm enjoying the buzz and excitement whilst it lasts. I suspect this design will be around for a good few yrs, so the novelty from here onwards will be as low as it was going from a 6 to a 6S, or from a 6S to a 7... Which was a complete yawnfest.... Missus who's not really into tech said ok, you need to get me one of those. It definitely has a certain type of allure to it.

Soldato
So which cases are you fellas getting / wearing on your X's ? I am half tempted to stay naked, as its such a gorgeous looking device. But just cant afford to drop this badboy.. I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I don't do repaired phones nor do i do chunky cases. So with all that in mind, i went ahead and ordered myself a Pitaka Aramid, which i think i should fit the bill. Concerned that it won't have any lip, so never going to be able to rest it face down. I'll just see how it goes. Everything else that i looked at was fugly.

Edit ** wondering how much Applecare is ? if its worth it to use as drop insurance, and staying naked? if its the same price as a decent case, then maybe i'll take the risk going naked.

Soldato
So which cases are you fellas getting / wearing on your X's ? I am half tempted to stay naked, as its such a gorgeous looking device. But just cant afford to drop this badboy.. I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I don't do repaired phones nor do i do chunky cases. So with all that in mind, i went ahead and ordered myself a Pitaka Aramid, which i think i should fit the bill. Concerned that it won't have any lip, so never going to be able to rest it face down. I'll just see how it goes. Everything else that i looked at was fugly.

Edit ** wondering how much Applecare is ? if its worth it to use as drop insurance, and staying naked? if its the same price as a decent case, then maybe i'll take the risk going naked.

I'm going naked and the phones is too nice to cover up with a tacky case. Never not had a naked iPhone but then I have also smashed one of every generation at least once (the iPhone 5 met it's end when I wasn't sure why my car door wouldn't shut a few times:D), but that is what insurance is for. Applecare is £199 for the X... But when you consider a screen repair is about £266 iirc and any other damage is ~£540 then it's worth it as you pay £25 for screen or £79 for other types of damage.

Applecare for broken screen and insurance for loss/theft. keeps me happy.

Soldato
If the case covers the back and sides then Black and Silver are the same in front with a black bezel surround, unlike the Silver/Gold/Pink iPhone 8s which have white foreheads and chins.

Associate

The Pitaka is a lovely case ,and it comes with a good quality glass screen protector too

Associate
Just got the iPhone X in 256GB yesterday and whilst it is a nice phone and possibly Apple's best one I don't know if I want to keep it.

As the phone has been opened and use am I allowed to return it back for a refund?

Associate
Yes your allowed to return within 14 days, why don't you want to keep it?

I don't know if it is worth the money to be honest. I don't quite like the way you have to do things on it now such as they way you multi-task - takes longer it feels now. Really miss the touch sensor especially when I am at work at my desk. Before I could just touch to unlock if got a notification and now I gotta pick the phone to up unlock via face id. The battery indicator is now lost and need to access via control centre because of the notch. The whole notifications and control centre seems to be a little bit of a mess now.

Soldato
I returned mine as well. Although the screen is great I also missed being able to unlock it without looking directly at it! And various other compromises just meant it didn't feel worth it for me.

Back
Top Bottom