• I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters

TS7

TS7

Soldato
I'll just chip in; I upgraded to the X in November (from a 6 64GB) and it has been an excellent upgrade in all respects. If anyone is on the fence, I'd say go for it! The camera, the lightening quick response, how stable it is (I've had to turn it off and on again once since I've had it and that was because an app froze), Face ID which is just brilliant, especially when using it for Apple pay due to how seamless the whole process becomes.

I mean, the price is still unjustifiable and I wince slightly whenever I'm reminded by it. However it is an excellent phone in all respects and if you like Apple/iOS it's the very best of what is available.

Soldato
I'll just chip in; I upgraded to the X in November (from a 6 64GB) and it has been an excellent upgrade in all respects. If anyone is on the fence, I'd say go for it! The camera, the lightening quick response, how stable it is (I've had to turn it off and on again once since I've had it and that was because an app froze), Face ID which is just brilliant, especially when using it for Apple pay due to how seamless the whole process becomes.

I mean, the price is still unjustifiable and I wince slightly whenever I'm reminded by it. However it is an excellent phone in all respects and if you like Apple/iOS it's the very best of what is available.

The price was to me but it’s coming down...and since I only paid £818 from Amazon Spain for it it feels a lot better priced there!

Glad I went for it rather than the S9 from Samsung especially at that price point.

FaceID has been surprisingly brilliant so far also. Love the screen as well, the notch doesn’t bother me one bit either.

Soldato
The price was to me but it’s coming down...and since I only paid £818 from Amazon Spain for it it feels a lot better priced there!

Glad I went for it rather than the S9 from Samsung especially at that price point.

FaceID has been surprisingly brilliant so far also. Love the screen as well, the notch doesn’t bother me one bit either.
What notch? :D

Soldato
Ok so I went for one...Amazon in Spain, coming tomorrow £818. Paid in Euros as you get a much better exchange through MasterCard and my Credit Card doesn’t charge me for use in other currencies :)

That is one hell of a discount. Is exchange very helpful at the moment?
20% off for the exact same product with same worldwide warranty, through any apple store?

Soldato

Sorry couldn't resist!

oops.png

Caporegime
20% off for the exact same product with same worldwide warranty, through any apple store?

iPhones don't have international warranty, unless things have changed recently? Although as it's EU it presumably will be reparable by Apple UK?

Soldato

It’s not great but the phone can be had for around €910 through them so the exchange rate brings that down nicely.

I’m not sure on the warranty but I’ve bought various Apple products abroad and never had an issue organising warranty repairs. I’m sure you would have no issue with the iPhone 1 year limited warranty, but remember if buying from Amazon in general returns etc and usually an issue.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Easy PR, I'd say. I can't see many people who have bought the phone outright would be rushing to trade it in. Those on contract surely wouldn't be so bothered about trading in phones all the time.

Soldato
Sky Mobile are selling the X for £36 a month (£36 x 24 = £864) plus whatever data plan you need. The cheapest is £5 a month for only 500mb, but if you know anyone who wants a sim only plan for emergency use could be a decent deal.

10gb sky data piggybank
£105 quidco cashback

Mmmmmmm

Last edited:
Soldato
I definitely couldn’t go back to the old style of iPhone any longer that’s for sure...last night my GF passed me her 6S and the screen felt like it was an SE!!

The more I use the X the more and more I like it.

Soldato
I'm shocked that after only a few months of use I find it difficult using a regular iPhone with a home button! Even though I use an iPad quite a lot I still forget it doesn't have tap to wake or that I have to press the button to close it

Soldato
Sky Mobile are selling the X for £36 a month (£36 x 24 = £864) plus whatever data plan you need. The cheapest is £5 a month for only 500mb, but if you know anyone who wants a sim only plan for emergency use could be a decent deal.

10gb sky data piggybank
£105 quidco cashback

Mmmmmmm

Doesn’t seem to be this quidco offer still on the X for £36 pm at that rate sounds like a good deal at £750 for the phone.

Back
Top Bottom