Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
Are these still worth picking up now .

The new one will be announced/released in September so if you can hold your water then no.

If you can get one with any kind of significant discount then possibly but certainly not for £1000 at this point in its life cycle.

The rumour is that the X will be replaced and not drop down a tier.

Considering swapping my 8 for an X. What is the battery life like?

Again unless you can get a ‘deal’ why bother? It’s essentially the same phone under the screen. Swap it for the new one once it is out.

Associate
Will be jumping aboard the 2018 X, unless the Pixel 3 tempts me into returning to Android.

Good to hear the battery's good, hope for further improvements in September and I hope they reintroduce the 128GB!

Soldato
So had my X since launch and it’s the first iPhone I have ever had issues with - annoyingly the day I landed in SE Asia it completely died, wouldn’t charge and there’s no official Apple Stores in any of the countries I was in.

Get back to the UK and they hand me a brand new X 20m after I go in the shop, absolutely great customer service and still the best phone I have ever used. I had to use an old Nexus 5X as a standby and good god it was slow and small.

Soldato
So had my X since launch and it’s the first iPhone I have ever had issues with - annoyingly the day I landed in SE Asia it completely died, wouldn’t charge and there’s no official Apple Stores in any of the countries I was in.

Get back to the UK and they hand me a brand new X 20m after I go in the shop, absolutely great customer service and still the best phone I have ever used. I had to use an old Nexus 5X as a standby and good god it was slow and small.

Did they say what had killed it?

Soldato
Did they say what had killed it?

Only that it was a complete power failure - they plugged it in and it didn’t receive any voltage, so either the connector, the logic board or the battery itself I would guess.

I was extremely impressed that they handed me a brand new one there and then, I have never had to deal with Apple post-purchase support or the Genius Bar as a customer before.

Soldato
So it was a sealed retail box and not a refurb?
Lucky guy.
I had to argue on three different occasions before I got a brand new replacement retail box one for a dodgy iPhone 8.
Which now has a smashed back from dropping it about a foot off the floor on to a paving slab. :(

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

To be honest there’s no discernible difference between brand new and refurbished.

Soldato
So it was a sealed retail box and not a refurb?
Lucky guy.
I had to argue on three different occasions before I got a brand new replacement retail box one for a dodgy iPhone 8.
Which now has a smashed back from dropping it about a foot off the floor on to a paving slab. :(

Yeah, I would have been happy to take a refurb as I know the quality of Apple’s returns, however they didn’t have any in the storage capacity and colour for me and the guy checked the devices linked to my account and said seeing as I was a loyal customer I could just have a brand new one lol. Wasn’t going to argue in any way, shape or form.

Associate
cant wait till I can change my x for another phone in January :rolleyes: lost count how many times I've took screen shots accidently and as for the battery life is not the best plus a few other niggles.

Associate
cant wait till I can change my x for another phone in January :rolleyes: lost count how many times I've took screen shots accidently and as for the battery life is not the best plus a few other niggles.
iOS 12 fixes the accidental screenshot stuff apparently

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I’m on a 6S and the battery is now utter ass. Probably would survive less than 90 mins with constant web browsing using network data. I was intending on making it last 5 years but I’ll probably upgrade to whatever the top model is in September. Didn’t help that dad dropped the dog food tin on it, smashed the screen and made the home button faulty. Cheers dad!!

I did say earlier in the thread that £1000 for a phone is objectively mental, but I suppose that’s when I wasn’t utterly frustrated by my current ‘poor state of repair’ phone.

Back
Top Bottom