• Space Grey 256GB

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
Yep, TouchID came, saw, conquered... and is now being dispassionately phased out because FaceID is both more secure and takes up less physical space on the device(s). Next iPads will have it and it won't be long before it starts getting built into the Macs.

Soldato
Just set up gmail on Iphone the rest follows. You do know a new Iphone will be out in about 5 weeks...
Just a question of price surely :p

Problem is nobody knows how much the new ones are going to be, but it's much less than £1000 so you would expect used prices to come down after the launch.

Soldato
Just a question of price surely :p

Problem is nobody knows how much the new ones are going to be, but it's much less than £1000 so you would expect used prices to come down after the launch.

Well the rumour is that the new 'X' will come down to $800-$850 and the 'X+' will be the new $1000 model.

Soldato
I heard talk of the current X being removed entirely!

This, an £800 last gen X makes no sense, its not cutting edge anymore and the 8 will be half the price which is essentially the same phone.

Not only that there is a new 'low cost' X with an LCD screen coming out to replace the 8 and will be better than this years X (screen aside).

Soldato
I'd imagine they'll give the X an internal spruce up, it's just there hasn't been much hype for it because it's big brother in the X Plus that's getting all the attention. The cheaper LCD one will replace the 8/8 Plus entirely then it'd be typical Apple in that if you specifically want the smaller-form factor your only option is to pay more for the X than the... shall we call it 9.

Associate
Price is gonna go down in a few months (hopefully soon after the release of new iphone), so thinking of getting one.
If rumours are correct sales will be discontinued.

If the 2018 X is indeed a bit cheaper then it makes sense.

You might find it cheaper used but directly from Apple? Nah. I think if the new X becomes cheaper it’s gonna tank last years model value a bit.

Soldato
I think I'm going to opt for the 6.5" model this year... but I think that if I hadn't destroyed my X, I might have skipped this years update (especially given that it's looking like the 2019 models will be losing the notch entirely).

Not really expecting the 6.5" to feel much different to my original X (apart from the screen size obviously). But maybe there'll be a hidden surprise that hasn't been leaked yet!

Soldato
(especially given that it's looking like the 2019 models will be losing the notch entirely)

I hope they do get rid of it. Been watching reviews for the Note 9 and it looks so much better without the notch. Who cares if there's a bezel. Not to mention the notch totally buggers up the UI by hiding away important icons into the control centre because there's no longer space at the top of the screen. What an awful design decision.

My X is holding up fine, what with no leaks I'm feeling no urge or excitement about the new models due out in a month. I remember this time last year there were so many rumours and so much hype.

Associate
I don't think they'll get rid of the notch next year. Maybe make a little smaller if you're lucky but get rid nah.

Another 2 years with a notch I say

Back
Top Bottom