• Space Grey 256GB

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
I'm not sure why you would buy one over an Xr.

Sure the screen is worse but everything else is better on the Xr and it will get an extra year of support from Apple.

The only thing that is up for debate is the camera, you could argue it's better on the Xr due to the software and processing that will not trickle down to the X.

Associate
I'm not sure why you would buy one over an Xr.

Sure the screen is worse but everything else is better on the Xr and it will get an extra year of support from Apple.

The only thing that is up for debate is the camera, you could argue it's better on the Xr due to the software and processing that will not trickle down to the X.

Essentially it boils down to it being good enough. Yes it’s a year older chipset but it’s going to be fine, I’ve ran my 6s for 3 years without issue on that front. The screen on the X is noticeably better and with Very doing 10% off for new customers it makes it a very similar price to the XR.

Soldato
I forgot the Xr starts at £100 less, you could apply the same offer to the Xr when its released though keeping it £90+ cheaper. My reasoning was assuming they were the same price, at £90-100 less the Xr is a no brainier for me.

An £850 X is too much IMO when the Xr exists at £750.

Associate
I forgot the Xr starts at £100 less, you could apply the same offer to the Xr when its released though keeping it £90+ cheaper. My reasoning was assuming they were the same price, at £90-100 less the Xr is a no brainier for me.

An £850 X is too much IMO when the Xr exists at £750.

Agree with £850 vs £750, only makes sense if you can get it at the same price as the XR. Fair point on applying the discount to the XR, would bring it down to £674 which is a very palatable price. However I do want the telephoto lens and the nicer screen so I’m willing to pay extra for that. Ultimately I actually want an XS but I don’t want to pay the asking price so I’m having to compromise somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom