• Space Grey 256GB

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
That's the beauty of Apple. They have convinced the world that a Chinese made smart phone which will be worth a tiny fraction of its original cost in 5 years time is a "luxury" item and to be regarded as a status symbol.
Name me another proper luxury item that depreciates at such a rate?

Associate
Christ knows. I’d never be stupid enough to waste money on someone’s old second hand watch that barely tells the time properly.

Sweet argument, 10/10.

Funnily enough the only Rolexes to not appreciate are the 80's Quartz ones...

That's the beauty of Apple. They have convinced the world that a Chinese made smart phone which will be worth a tiny fraction of its original cost in 5 years time is a "luxury" item and to be regarded as a status symbol.
Name me another proper luxury item that depreciates at such a rate?

I do have my iPhone (Gen 1) tucked away in the cupboard, I wonder if it'll even be worth more than the $299 it cost new.

Man of Honour
I agree, Face Recognition on my S8 works every time not had an issue, Shame the guy who was showing the phone at the conference didn't know how to use it
Does it work in the dark?

Don't you mean the iPhone X was doing what it was meant to do, that is to require the passcode because it had been rebooted? Someone didn't set it up right, it's as simple as that. FaceID didn't fail to work.

Associate
Volvo demonstrated their auto-braking system in front of the media, the car ploughed into a truck.

People don't seem to have had the same issues with it in their new Volvos though.

just see it now, at the next years KeyNote

"one more thing".....

Touch ID is back :p

Touch ID dongle!

Soldato
I could afford a very expensive super car. That doesn't mean I would rush out and blow my hard earned cash on one. You have to decide if you consider a company is fleecing you and my opinion of the iPhone X is that Apple are taking their customers loyalty for granted.

Apple have already tested this model with the Apple Watch. There’s three models (aluminium, stainless steel and ceramic) that do roughly the same thing at three price points.

Apple can’t manufacturer 300 million iPhone Xs a year and the price reflects that. I’m sure Apple are super happy to drive up the ASP but the main goal is to steer most consumers towards the iPhone 8.

Soldato
Do you honestly, genuinely believe that Apple will release the phone where Face ID doesn't work brilliantly?

You mean like having an issue with the aerial and being told you aren't holding it right. Nah! something like that would never happen would it. Silly me! :rolleyes:

Apple have already tested this model with the Apple Watch. There’s three models (aluminium, stainless steel and ceramic) that do roughly the same thing at three price points.

Apple can’t manufacturer 300 million iPhone Xs a year and the price reflects that. I’m sure Apple are super happy to drive up the ASP but the main goal is to steer most consumers towards the iPhone 8.

Can you provide a link which proves this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Who of course have no vested interest in promoting a new Apple product. Real world everyday use is a more useful tool.
Lolno. They'd love Apple to create a dud... it would get more traffic to say the next iPhone doesn't work than "works as expected".

Soldato
You mean the same issue on Android's of similar design or the fact you literally had to squeeze the iPhone and cover all the antenna bands before signal dropped.

Ah! so it was an issue then? Why do some people have an issue with admitting not everything is right first time. BTW facial recognition works pretty darn well on the Galaxy too.

Soldato
Lolno. They'd love Apple to create a dud... it would get more traffic to say the next iPhone doesn't work than "works as expected".
No one is saying it won't/doesn't work. However, people are saying it works great before it's even been released to the public. I say keep ones powder dry until the phone has had some real world use that's all.

Soldato
Looking at your post history and threads you've created, money is clearly tight for you. So I can understand that envy might make you slightly bitter :)

Well, I got no mortgage, debt free......I am just careful with my money but also know how to spend it! ;)

People tend to buy for the 'Brand name'

"I must have a new iPhone!" It's just a phone people! Apple have you wrapped around their little pinkie!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom