• Space Grey 256GB

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
I’m a bit confused here. So the iPhone X screen is smaller than the my iPhone 7 Plus?

That's a bit mad, but you might be right in terms of usable space. He hasn't shows the 5.5" Plus screens in that article, but because the Plus models have touch ID and no notch, it means their safe areas are smaller than on the 5.8" X screen.

There's no safe area at the bottom of the screen for the home button swipe gesture, and the top screen safe area is much more thin. This will have an even bigger impact in landscape mode for video, if that's important to you.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
I think I'm on the back foot already in terms of ordering as I will be signing up with EE so starting the form from scratch. I assume the upgrades will only need to click a few buttons.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

I think I'm on the back foot already in terms of ordering as I will be signing up with EE so starting the form from scratch. I assume the upgrades will only need to click a few buttons.
I think the chances of getting one through EE are pretty slim. They are going to be getting very limited numbers of phones if any of the rumours are true. Rather than wait for EE, I've decided I'm going back to SIM only and buying the X outright.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

What do you guys think the chances are of pre ordering one on the day? I hope I get one.
Order through the store app, have everything pre-loaded, make sure your credit card is on record. In other words, have everything prepped, and when it's the time you should just need to add to cart, and checkout in 10-15 seconds. Oh what fun!

Soldato
Got the Store App primed and ready to go!

My only niggling doubts I have over getting the X, is the fact I’m usually an S cycle buyer... so the knowledge that a more refined X will be out next year is a bit meh (but whatever), also I’m not sure if the visual jarring of the notch is something that I’ll just overlook after a while.... or not!

Associate
I hear they're making a phablet iPhone XL next year, not really feeling the need to change my 7 Plus at the moment so may wait out for this version.

Apple recently suspended development of a 5.28-inch OLED iPhone, told parts manufacturers that it expects changes in order volumes, and signed contracts with Samsung for multiple OLED display sizes, according to The Bell. The moves were reportedly motivated by the “low marketability” of smaller phones and the “popularity of larger-screen phones for video viewing.”

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/iphone-x-2018/

Soldato
Got the Store App primed and ready to go!

My only niggling doubts I have over getting the X, is the fact I’m usually an S cycle buyer... so the knowledge that a more refined X will be out next year is a bit meh (but whatever), also I’m not sure if the visual jarring of the notch is something that I’ll just overlook after a while.... or not!

Guaranteed.

This years 'beta' X will be next years dog.

Associate
Im still undecided to get a X , or an iPhone 8.

I have been using a iPhone 7 for a few days now , from a iPhone 6S Plus and it seems to be a good form factor. Its going to be a learning curve going to Face ID i guess. Also im guessing the battery should be a bit better than the 8 , as currently with the 7 , im getting to the end of the day between 10-20% battery left.

Back
Top Bottom