• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This thread will make Nvidia *very* happy - 10.3% uptake of their flagship card is probably much higher than they expected and certainly a great deal higher than the uptake of the 1080Ti based on Steam stats.

Poll should have been open for longer tbh. Results would have been skewed further against i think!

I've just arrived at this thread and my vote would have been no, adding to that large percentage of people saying No, but I can't now as voting is closed.

Since you merged threads into this one, can we have the voting system thingy going again since we cannot vote well i have but new people who visit who have not voted which they can't as the voting system is disabled.

Poll should have been open for longer tbh. Results would have been skewed further against i think!

His comparison to the Steam stats is completely wrong and meaningless so don't worry too much about it. This is an enthusiast forum, there is going to be a higher percentage of people who buy the top cards than in the general gaming community. I know car analogies suck, but, it would be like going to into Ferrari forum and asking who would buy the next Ferrari, then using the results of that poll to work out the percentage of normal people who would buy the next Ferrari.

Wonder what frame rates are going to be when both RT and HDR are enabled at 4K

If the nice new toys have to be turned down or even off to get comparable fps then what's the point of buying them, and although it's a big chunk of silicon, if its largely taken up by RT processing which isn't wanted again what's the point of it?

I’d have preferred if the poll was aimed at the 2080 or indeed the 20xx series as a whole, from the feedback I’m reading in here and elsewhere I’m not too convinced the results would be very different!

I was going to buy one my original plan was buy a 980ti skip the next gen then buy the gen after that... But at 1.1k they can **** off and I'll buy an AMD card even if it's 50% less performance as long as it costs less

I’d have preferred if the poll was aimed at the 2080 or indeed the 20xx series as a whole, from the feedback I’m reading in here and elsewhere I’m not too convinced the results would be very different!
Of course it would be different results if the poll was for just the 2080. How about which one are you buying 2080ti, 2080, 2070 or none too expensive, I don't need a new card or waiting for AMD etc

Back
Top Bottom