• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Nvidia have a literal boatload of 10 series chips left over. So 10 series are still going to sell at original prices so they dont lose money and the only way to release a new card is to put the prices up. Console gaming never looked so great value for money.

Bitcoin sent prices up and they where all "its not our fault, we'll make the chips if requested". They got caught out again but now they want you to pay for it.

So its a definite NO from me a those ridiculous prices.

Caporegime
Nvidia have a literal boatload of 10 series chips left over. So 10 series are still going to sell at original prices so they dont lose money and the only way to release a new card is to put the prices up. Console gaming never looked so great value for money.

Bitcoin sent prices up and they where all "its not our fault, we'll make the chips if requested". They got caught out again but now they want you to pay for it.

Yup, the word was 300k of inventory, and allegedly they're forcing partners to take these if they want stock of 20xx series. So nvidia make the mistake, their partners pay for it and in turn we pay for it. Just getting a pumping as it comes down the line, Nvidia|8======)Aib|8=======)Consumers :(

If they hadn't got this excess inventory i would doubt the turing gpu's would be at the price point they are.

Associate
Im not gonna bother for that price ridiculous what games is their to play anyway best games i have played this year have been PS4 games God of war and Spiderman.

Soldato
Yup, the word was 300k of inventory, and allegedly they're forcing partners to take these if they want stock of 20xx series. So nvidia make the mistake, their partners pay for it and in turn we pay for it. Just getting a pumping as it comes down the line, Nvidia|8======)Aib|8=======)Consumers :(

If they hadn't got this excess inventory i would doubt the turing gpu's would be at the price point they are.

Thing is, nvidia sell roughly 10 million GPU's per quarter, so 300k is next to nothing by comparison. Another rumour had it pegged at 1 million cards of overstock but again, thats not even a months worth.

Soldato

Same, I had a good chunk of change ready, Even put an extra £100 aside IF it was going to be £800 but £1100 for the reference card and £1500 for the Strix is just next level greed, I have the money but cannot condone such greed, I'll stick to my 1080 Ti for a good while, If Nvidia are going to have these prices on all GPU's going forwards then as a long time Nvidia customer since the GeForce 7000 series, I'm out, AMD for me when Navi comes out purely on principal.

I know they won't but I hope others follow suit in not shelling out, A 57% price increase from the 1080 Ti is insane.

Caporegime
and £1500 for the Strix is just next level greed

The Ti Strix pricing is *LOL insane*!! I mean, the Strix cards are nice and all but I can assure people that they're really no better than the equivalent top end cards from the likes of MSI and Gigabyte!!

I will say that the one I have atm has insanely good cooling, and is the best cooled Ti by far that I've had. Not worth that much extra though :D

Soldato
£1500 for the Strix is just next level greed

:eek: Where does it end? 2K? 2.5K? 3K?
You see, I don't moan about the pricing of the FE products but yes this is a joke. But if people want them and pay, that's up to them. I think some respect the aftermarket cooling solutions more than I do, that's all I can say. If the manufactures/retailers know they can sell them at that price, why not.

Soldato
You see, I don't moan about the pricing of the FE products but yes this is a joke. But if people want them and pay, that's up to them. I think some respect the aftermarket cooling solutions more than I do, that's all I can say. If the manufactures/retailers know they can sell them at that price, why not.

I'd never spend that much on a GPU, i'm 'only' spending 2K on an entirely new system (Ryzen/Vega). But I guess you're right some will pay whatever it takes and that's up to them and I don't knock anyone for that. There's clearly a two tier gaming market now, and i'm happy to be in AMD's tier 2 (I don't think my gaming experience will be much worse for that), which has allowed NV to exploit those for which only the very best of everything will do. They know enthusiasts will pay whatever it costs. I was really shocked when I saw that price.

So I suppose it won't be too long before we see 2K for a 'typical' aftermarket GPU.

Soldato
Typical asus pricing, even if they were to sell an "fe" version of the card theirs would be more expensive because it comes in an asus box, and POSSIBLY have an asus sticker on the shroud.

Yeah I wouldn't touch anything ASUS now, they've been brand gouging for a while now, and their Vega64 card isn't as good as either the Sapphire or Powercolor by all accounts and their MOBO's seem to have a premium attached to them for no apparent reason.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Well I’ve slowly come around to the idea of getting one, dependent on the reviews.

Will be waiting for the FE Ti to come back into stock if so though. Most of the AIB cards I’ve seen are too big for my case and I don’t want to pay an extra £200 for the shorter looking fugly EVGA Ti.

Mostly just looking forward to the reviews now, they’re almost here. :)

Back
Top Bottom