• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ponte Vecchio 45 TFLOP, ARM, X86, APU, ARC, GPU Rambo with glue thing.

Soldato
Very interesting. One SOC to rule them all?

45 TFlops, that’s the power of seven and a half Xbox one X’s…. And that’s almost 10 Xbox one X’s!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Surprised non of the pro Intel tech offizcianrdos aren’t interested in Ponte Vecchio. Are you all just dumbfound in awe of Intel and Ponte Vecchio?

@Dave2150 @Cyber-Mav @4K8KW10 @turbot1984

Ponte Vecchio is coming to a subsidised PCIE add in card near you sooon!

You must be hyped for Intel Rambo Cache™ !Think of what that could offer to a PCIE v5 Intel GPU motherboard and CPU.

AMD are happy for Intel to use it’s SAM technology! Intel Rambo Cache™ + SAM + DDR5 + Gen5 NVME in an all Intel gaming PC. That has got to be living the dream right?

Last edited:
Caporegime
On a serious note
Very interesting. One SOC to rule them all?

45 TFlops, that’s the power of seven and a half Xbox one X’s…. And that’s almost 10 Xbox one X’s!

Typical Raja Hype "it can't be done, it can't be done, it can't be done, it can't be done..... But Intel can"

45 TFlops is not that impressive, especially when you consider what they are doing, as they always do, is bleet on about numbers as if they are unattainable by any one else and already fact, its great marketing, it makes Intel look like they are masters of the universe...... but in reality by the time this is actually on the market Nvidia and AMD are churning out 60 TFlop GPU's, but its ok, by that time Intel are already touting the next thing that can only be achieved by Intel.........

Soldato
OP
On a serious note

Typical Raja Hype "it can't be done, it can't be done, it can't be done, it can't be done..... But Intel can"

45 TFlops is not that impressive, especially when you consider what they are doing, as they always do, is bleet on about numbers as if they are unattainable by any one else and already fact, its great marketing, it makes Intel look like they are masters of the universe...... but in reality by the time this is actually on the market Nvidia and AMD are churning out 60 TFlop GPU's, but its ok, by that time Intel are already touting the next thing that can only be achieved by Intel.........

I don’t think AMD will be too concerned about Ponte Vecchio as they will likely open support for it and have a competing product, but as technology, Ponte Vecchio is very impressive.

You’d think Ponte Vecchio is an ideal platform for Intel supports to get behind as it isn’t a band aid fix like Alder lake, but a real long term product with huge potential. But no, tumbleweed from the usually very vocal pro Intel members.
Ponte Vecchio is a serious and obvious threat to other chip companies though, one in particularly. Maybe they are concerned Intel will become too dominant and push others out of the market :p

Caporegime
I don’t think AMD will be too concerned about Ponte Vecchio as they will likely open support for it and have a competing product, but as technology, Ponte Vecchio is very impressive.

You’d think Ponte Vecchio is an ideal platform for Intel supports to get behind as it isn’t a band aid fix like Alder lake, but a real long term product with huge potential. But no, tumbleweed from the usually very vocal pro Intel members.
Ponte Vecchio is a serious and obvious threat to other chip companies though, one in particularly. Maybe they are concerned Intel will become too dominant and push others out of the market :p

Oh it is yes, very impressive. Don't get me wrong i can see that. :)

But what annoys me about this, about Intel in general, is their ability to talk an awful lot and do it in such a way that they look like they have inherited an advanced technology from some alien race a million years ahead of us earthlings, when really Nvidia and AMD can do just as well if not better and sometimes already are.

I guess i should respect that really as its impressive marketing, but i have a pet peeve with all marketing, i feel like they are insulting my intelligence.

Soldato
OP
We might be able to have a sensible discussion on Intel’s technology and its future here. A bit like the old days of OcUK. Fingers crossed.

Soldato
OP
Oh it is yes, very impressive. Don't get me wrong i can see that. :)

But what annoys me about this, about Intel in general, is their ability to talk an awful lot and do it in such a way that they look like they have inherited an advanced technology from some alien race a million years ahead of us earthlings, when really Nvidia and AMD can do just as well if not better and sometimes already are.

I guess i should respect that really as its impressive marketing, but i have a pet peeve with all marketing, i feel like they are insulting my intelligence.

Yeah, but Intel Rambo Cache™ I mean come on. Whoever come up with that is a marketing legend.

Soldato
OP
I had to laugh when they kept talking about innovation at the start but comparing to Skylake which is how old?

TBF Intel chips are Skylake v7 they pushed the ring bus to 10c and it didn’t work. Now they are back at the Skylake 4x module design with a big chunk of Intel Rambo Cache™ linking the modules.

4x was and still is the ideal core count for Intel IMO. Over that and everything is a compromise.

Soldato
OP

Thinking a little more on this 45 tfops probably won’t look great in a year or two granted, but as first effort from Intel with little to no previous work do on GPU’s, Intel are punching above their weight.

Soldato
Squad assemble!

How very dare you insult my beloved Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger/Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers!

Do these guys instead
rhnbp880-720.jpg

Hilariously bad and properly rubbish Power Rangers. Appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom